When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rolex comex 1665

deltatahoe

this watch has been a long time coming. the actual deal was struck a while ago when repaustria posted his 1665 on the supporters trading forum several months ago in search of a buyer for this unique watch. so finally, after managing through busy schedules, traveling, the holiday season, price negotiations, deciding how to ship the watch, and finally a trip to ziggy, the watch is in my hands. i have to say -- it was well worth the wait :wub:

a couple details about the watch: vietnam 1665 case, genuine crown & tube, superdome, acryllic tritium bezel insert & pearl, tritium hands, redial on genuine base, 1575 movement, 93150 bracelet and 580 end links.

i tried my best to take some decent pictures this weekend, but as anyone who's tried to take pictures of a superdome knows, it's not easy. the crystal captures reflections off of EVERYTHING; maybe it's time for a light tent. now, for some pictures.

first, some fun with superdome reflections....

dsc01513hd1.jpg

dsc01528co4.jpg

dsc01529if3.jpg

dsc01530ki1.jpg

next, some pictures of the case & caseback....

dsc01521uf9.jpg

dsc01523fz1.jpg

dsc01524gr3.jpg

a quick picture of the vintage tritium pearl....

dsc01532ru8.jpg

and finally, one final parting shot....

dsc01510uw1.jpg

i'd like to extend a special thanks to repaustria for his patience with me throughout the process. as i mentioned before this deal took a while to navigate through; repaustria was an absolute gentleman to deal with, and took great care to ensure the watch was packaged carefully & inconspicuously. and of course, no watch project would be complete without a trip to ziggy; his masterful touch is evident in the final product. there was a small scare regarding a potentially lost pearl (ziggy knows what i'm talking about :)), but in the end everything turned out perfectly.

thanks for looking,

deltatahoe

That is one superb looking watch, DH! :wub:

The case work and case back look terrific. Excellent work by all those involved and the OEM parts take it well into the next level. I thought it was a gen at first glance. :p

As with Oli, I'm amazed by the rising cost of gen vintage parts. The recent auction results for the T-39 Superdome and vintage Tritium bezel inserts are not for the faint of heart.

Enjoy!

...that Superdome 39 is worth so much these days - it's ridiculous. I have some go for 800US$ - alone. And the Oyster hands - around 600$ - prices are so inflated today.

How about if you tell your buyers about your ole buddy in Alaska? I have a couple genuine Superdome 39s put away for just this sort of thing!

:tu: