When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chinese New Year

KB

Look I know this has been done to death already but I am still receiving 2 to 3 requests for goods a day, so please all note....

CNY WILL FINISH ON THE 17TH of FEB

I have absolutely no power to make it finish earlier.

Ken

It never was before, I only lost 4 days last year.

Davidsen didn't answer my PM last night, and I heard Ruby went to her relatives for 10 days. They must already be celebrating. :p

(The only thing I can liken it to, is in America they don't do anything in the Mon-Tues-Wed leading up to Thanksgiving, on a Thurs! It's one long office party)

• 2 weeks later...
You said the 17th of Feb, right, Ken?

Just to note that the US has President's Day, and Canada has Family Day on Monday. There's always something! :p

Hi Vicky. Only Ontario has Family Day this Monday and it's turned into a nightmare for McGinty. Because of union contracts, and large companywhcih already have many paid holidays, it's estimated that only 40% will be off to enjoy the Family Day. As usual Mc has stated we need to rethink/rework this better for next year! :lol:

Hi Vicky. Only Ontario has Family Day this Monday

Hey Sailingjack! Saskawatchan too. Guess they'll be watching Little Mosque on the Prairie. :p

It's estimated that only 40% will be off to enjoy the Family Day. As usual Mc has stated we need to rethink/rework this better for next year! :lol:

Typical. :lol:

My boyfriend told me about this Family Day last night (he's in TO, as you know). I was teasing him how Canadians copy all the days off that Americans have (not true, of course), so they coincide.

After I posted this, I looked up Family Day on Wiki. This is Ontarians first year celebrating it??? Weird. I could've sworn there was another holiday in Canada around mid-February before. My favourite is still Victoria Day, though. ;)

@Sailinjack below: There's only one problem with teasing him about his favourite hockey team. The Laffs are also my favourites. :1::shutup2:

Hey Sailingjack! Saskawatchan too. Guess they'll be watching Little Mosque on the Prairie. :p

Typical. :lol:

My boyfriend told me about this Family Day last night (he's in TO, as you know). I was teasing him how Canadians copy all the days off that Americans have (not true, of course), so they coincide.

After I posted this, I looked up Family Day on Wiki. This is Ontarians first year celebrating it??? Weird. I could've sworn there was another holiday in Canada around mid-February before. My favourite is still Victoria Day, though. ;)

You should be rubbing in The 'Maple Laughs' hockey team with your boyfriend....if he's a hockey nut in TO :lol:

Ontario gets a Civic Holiday in August. But this Family day was a Liberal brainstorming idea from the PM to make nice with the public after his last win. And yes it's the first time they are celebrating it.

The problem I have is that until I can make contact with my suppliers I can't be sure what's in stock or even what new stock we have.

Sorry

Ken

New stock? love it. I guess patience can pay off. I'll try not to wig out in the mean time.

Oh, and where are my eggs? Family is starving over here