When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What TV series are you currently watching?

DemonSlayer

Loafers without shoes is a great look. Seriously, Miami Vice is not a TV show, it's a way of life...a state of mind.

Anyone know what watch Crockett wore? I think it was an Ebel Chrono with an El Primero movement. For years I thought it was a gold Daytona.

I am dating myself with this but it was the Ebel Chronograph. Tubbs wore some Jewelery type gold watch.

Here is the best photo of it I could find on the net.

miami-vice-art.jpg

I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Office.

I've also been catching up on Entourage, 30 Rock, and Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on the Travel channel.

Curb and Sopranos were great, but very yesterday.

And I am glad that someone mentioned The Riches. An awesome show. I can't wait for the next season.

Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on the Travel channel.

Oh, if we can mention that kind of series, I'm in!

I watch:

Mythbusters

Dirty Jobs

No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern

Man V. Wild (he still drank cow dung and slept inside camels' entrails, okay)

And though I don't watch the Food Network regularly, I love Giada de Laurentiis. :wub:

I have never watched one seconds' worth of Survivor, Big Brother and any of that tosh.

Oh, if we can mention that kind of series, I'm in!

I watch:

Mythbusters

Dirty Jobs

No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern

Man V. Wild (he still drank cow dung and slept inside camels' entrails, okay)

And though I don't watch the Food Network regularly, I love Giada de Laurentiis. :wub:

I have never watched one seconds' worth of Survivor, Big Brother and any of that tosh.

I must have had a brain freeze to forget Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs and another two others i have been watching called Pros vs Joes and Survivor man. Survivor man stars an fellow Canuck named Les Stroud and he gets dropped off in the wilderness (Amazon rain forest, Arctic, Louisiana Bayou, Rocky Mountains, Arizona desert and the like) around the world for a week with only his Swiss Army knife and one or two other things and he must make do and survive. He has to make fire with out any thing brought with him and he does not bring food either.

Loafers without shoes is a great look. Seriously, Miami Vice is not a TV show, it's a way of life...a state of mind.

Anyone know what watch Crockett wore? I think it was an Ebel Chrono with an El Primero movement. For years I thought it was a gold Daytona.

(copied and pasted) ;)

Hi there, I'm a watch enthusiast (WIS). Just wanted to share this small piece of trivia about Sonny's wristw*tches in Miami Vice with you.

Watch used in the first season was Rolex full gold Day-Date with Presidential bracelet.

wt7ms.jpg

And later DateJust with full gold Jubilee bracelet.

wt2mm.jpg

In the 2nd season he switched to Ebel 1911 Chronograph which was used til' the end of the series.

The watch is equipped with Zenith El Primero automatic movement. Same movement was used in Rolex Daytona before Rolex went to inhouse movement, and it's also used in various high-end chronograph watches.

This (older model of 1911) was used in the 3rd season:

wt8mu.jpg

Then Sonny changed to this full gold new model in the 4th and 5th season:

2812sb1gd.jpg

07.jpg

He also occasionally wore a two-tone version of the same watch.

clipboard019hh.jpg

c139ia.jpg

The old site claimed that Sonny used a Ebel Sports Classic. That's erronous. As far as I know he never used that model (at least in Miami Vice). It was easy to mix up the models since the older model of 1911 chronograph used similar bracelet.

In the "Mirror Image" trilogy sonny briefly used either two-tone or stainless steel model of Ebel 1911 Chronograph with leather strap. Impossible to tell from the screen.

42uz2.jpg

Just wanted to share. Hi to all fellow MV fans!!!

I just finished up watching the second season of Dexter - brilliant show. Glad to see so many other Dexter fans here too! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On a totally different track, I recently enjoyed HBO's Flight of the Conchords, why it took a US network to make it astounds me, but I'm grateful that they did. [it's a kooky New Zealand comedy set in NY]

Mad Men was good, I started watching that on a tipoff from here or TRC.

I'm beginning to scrape the barrel for shows with this strike - but going to check out new series of Lost, and from the UK - Ashes to Ashes, the follow up to Life on Mars.

These are the shows I RECORD so I can blow through the commercials. :)

Nip/Tuck - I've just started watching this show and it is insane

Sarah Connor Chronicles

Lost - They are already pissing me off

Two and a Half Men - The kid is great on this show

Battlestar Galactica - Taking too long to come back

Burn Notice - Taking WAY too long to come back

Jericho - Glad it's coming back but I think it'll get cancelled again.