When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Fast Car Fans Out There?

JoJo35

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know that. I just thought the S7 was their only car. I'm a bit gutted now.

I only know this because I live in Orange County, near the Saleen plant and shop, and I had a friend that owned one of those "fixed up Mustangs".

Here's a few more pics from my scrapbook. My twin turbo RX7 that was a pure racecar right out of the box. Here's a pic of it after being modified for SCCA... had an undefeated season B)

Rockingham01.jpg

What the hell were you wearing, a Gen Baby Casio??? :D:lol:;)

Speaking of fast cars, does anyone recognize this one? I parked near it at the Irvine Spectrum recently. I looked it over carefully, and couldn't find any recognizable marque (but it definitely had a professionally produced, and not custom built look to it). Looks seriously fast, and it's street legal.

beach019hd1.jpg

beach023rf8.jpg

beach024he0.jpg

beach025ay6.jpg

Speaking of fast cars, does anyone recognize this one? I parked near it at the Irvine Spectrum recently. I looked it over carefully, and couldn't find any recognizable marque (but it definitely had a professionally produced, and not custom built look to it). Looks seriously fast, and it's street legal.

beach019hd1.jpg

beach023rf8.jpg

beach024he0.jpg

beach025ay6.jpg

Looks like an Ariel Atom - fast ass machine

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Ariel Atom.

Nice ride. Almost went for Z06 a while back.

img34622tf5.jpg

I have pretty much finished modding this car... 3.91lsd, etc... Still waiting for the full CSi kit.

An ESS Vortech V2SQ Supercharger is in the works!

And yes, driving fast is, uhhh, like watches to me--never enough. So far, approx. 160-165. Does 50-140 in a blink of an eye.

Very nice Eunomians! Is that an 850CSI?

She's an 840Ci V8. Chose the V8 since supercharging is a viable option. Also, engine software tuning is a cinch. Overall a lot more options to modify with way way more brake horsepower results.

The other choice was to drop in a 6.0L Racing Dynamics V12. But that will be saved for the next 8 that I pick up down the road.

This car now is a daily driver, reliable, mint showroom condition, fast and, well, fassst!

Cheers :)

img4612ho7.jpg

img33853ye2.jpg

Another great car: YES is coming to America!!!

Funke&Will AG introduced the second-generation Yes! Roadster at the Auto Motor International Show in Leipzig. The new Yes! Roadster 3.2 and 3.2 Turbo keeps the same approach of an "uncompromising driving machine" which results in "pure driving pleasure".

Like its predecessor, the Roadster 3.2 is being built around an aluminium spaceframe chassis with GRP panels. The whole car weighs just 900 kg. It is powered by a new Audi-sourced 3.2-liter V-6 engine, capable of 255 hp. The result is an acceleration time of 4.9 seconds for the 0-100 km/h sprint. The 3.2 Roadster Turbo has a max speed of 281 km/h, courtesy of its turbocharged 355 hp engine.

Safety is a key aspect of the car. Optional equipment includes airbags and ABS. Convenience features include chrome and leather trimmed interior and a hi-fi sound system. Each car can be customized according to the buyer's wishes. Compared to the original Yes! Roadster, the new 3.2 has a longer wheelbase, more front and rear overhang.

006__scaled_600_015.jpg

Are you sure? :)

Yeah, that thing looks ridiculously fun! But there's a BIG difference between a shifter kart with an overgrown powerplant, and a street legal racing machine (a suspension system, for starters ;) ).

Edited by avitt

She's an 840Ci V8. Chose the V8 since supercharging is a viable option. Also, engine software tuning is a cinch. Overall a lot more options to modify with way way more brake horsepower results.

The other choice was to drop in a 6.0L Racing Dynamics V12. But that will be saved for the next 8 that I pick up down the road.

This car now is a daily driver, reliable, mint showroom condition, fast and, well, fassst!

I love your 840Ci...you've kept that thing in fantastic condition.

You know that I had an E34 540i, which had the same engine, but weighed over 500 lbs less than the 8 (so a much higher power to weight ratio). The only power mods were a Jim Conforti engine chip, Dinan tranny chip, and Dinan air box. Even with all that, the car seriously lacked low-end grunt...It was very quick once the revs came up, but it wasn't competitive with most modern sports cars off a line. I don't think it ever got much under 7 seconds to 60.

The best thing that you could have done for your 8 was that new differential. That really helps take advantage of the V8 torque (at the expense of full time fuel economy...but you can't care about that if you want performance ;) ).

I managed to kill the slushbox at about 120k miles. Am now sporting a 2007 G35 sedan. The suspension is not as compliant as the old bimmer, but it's a world quicker...Point and squirt.

Edited by avitt

I love your 840Ci...you've kept that thing in fantastic condition.

You know that I had an E34 540i, which had the same engine, but weighed over 500 lbs less than the 8 (so a much higher power to weight ratio). The only power mods were a Jim Conforti engine chip, Dinan tranny chip, and Dinan air box. Even with all that, the car seriously lacked low-end grunt...It was very quick once the revs came up, but it wasn't competitive with most modern sports cars off a line. I don't think it ever got much under 7 seconds to 60.

The best thing that you could have done for your 8 was that new differential. That really helps take advantage of the V8 torque (at the expense of full time fuel economy...but you can't care about that if you want performance ;) ).

I managed to kill the slushbox at about 120k miles. Am now sporting a 2007 G35 sedan. The suspension is not as compliant as the old bimmer, but it's a world quicker...Point and squirt.

I do recall that you had an E34--great ride (G35 is no slouch either, great car!!). The easiest way to get the M60/M62 engines faster off the line is software mod (Wokke 2000 rips over Conforti - especially at standstill starts) & differential like you said. Limited Slip helps, too. My gas mileage has not really changed. The engine does rev a little higher but only over 100mph, so the compromise is great. If I could cut out 1500lbs, I would. My solution is the E34 ESS Supercharger :D

I'd love to have an E34 M5, but might end up with either an E24 M6 or an E9 project car.

Cheers