When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling all cars!

894tom

ABSOLUTE lowest cost humanly possible.

Andyou think that the genuine manufactirers do it at the highest possible cost...!

It's one thing to appeal for help......but not when you combine it with a hatchet job on a senior highly respected member....B)

Not to jump in, I just thought I would lighten the mood :)

I do exactly that, it's called medicine. I charge a fee, your insurance company says "no, we are willing to pay this" and there is nothing I can do. Case in point: I had an x-ray of my hand, the radiologist charged $24 to read it. Now mind you this is to pull up the film of a very complicated part of your body. Look at the whole thing because he has to comment on ANYTHING he sees on the film, even if it's not what is being looked at. Then dictate a report on it and hope he didn't miss anything that he may get sued for.

And what did my insurance pay him on what I thought was a more than reasonable $24 bill?

7 freakin dollars!!

So what am I saying? Get watch insurance :)

What do YOU do? And are you willing to do the same work for a bunch of people who seen to do nothing but criticize, haggle for lower prices, and bicker like children for less than half the prevailing wage for your labor?

TeeJay, poor dear, confused as ever... my swat was not at burger flippers, but at the worth of the poster...

There was nothing to be confused about. You insinuated that they were a burger flipper, or got paid burger flipper wages. It was unnecessary. It makes no difference what the person does, or how much they earn, so your comment was an unnecessary low blow to try and discredit them.

It's one thing to appeal for help......but not when you combine it with a hatchet job on a senior highly respected member....B)

Why do you think you know who I am talking about? Was my description so accurate that it only leaves one person? If the truth hurts...don't defend, let the truth work its magic. Perhaps the outspoken modders that finally stepped out of the woodwork on this thread felt some guilt in there own minds for treating people like my description and wanted to protect their own guilty behavior and the way they treat others. Hey, my charactar is healing already after your direct slam. Nobody is perfect, or perhaps we should bring up some comments left about you on here right?

Listen I am not saying I have a spotless charactar by any means, we all need work, I am saying I asked for help privately from this guy twice and then moved past him when I recieved no responces and then I asked publicly two other times for any modders help. No modders stood up until I placed this thread. Then out of the woodwork they come. Honestly at this point, I think I just shot myself in my own foot with several very good modders, but I ask and hope they understand I didn't mean to insult anyone...or I would have put the persons name I was referring to out there. I was just getting discouraged with the lack of assistance and my words apparently revealed my feelings. I mean, its discouraging when you consider buying $300.00 worth of tools to do the work yourself. I know better than that. I feel discouraged and my words came out wrong. I apologize.

Bottom line (from my stand point), I wanted and still want to pay to have the job done right whatever the cost or wait time...think about where I started.....it certainly was not from this point.

BTW, thanks to those who gave advise on the plug/pin mod. You just taught me something else. See I am learning.

If the truth hurts...don't defend, let the truth

What truth.....your truth.....sorry that doesn't align with my truth.....!

perhaps we should bring up some comments left about you on here right?

Feel free......won't be the first......won't be the last.....and defo not the best....!

Lunatics

Three lunatics approach their Asylum doctor with a request for a weekend pass to the local city. "That's impossible says the doctor. You're all nuts. You'll get lost and never come back." But, the lunatics wouldn't relent until finally, exasperated, the doctor says "OK! If you can answer a simple question I'll sign the pass."

He turns to the first lunatic and says "What's three times three?" The lunatic starts counting on his fingers "3, 7, 19, 38?. Is it 128?"

The doctor shakes his head and turns to the next lunatic: "What's three times three?" The lunatic immediately shouts "WEDNESDAY!"

The doctor, beginning to get disgusted turns to the last lunatic: What's three times three?" The lunatic thinks for a moment and then asks for a pencil and a piece of paper. That provided, she writes for some time furiously, and finally looks up and says "Nine."

The doctor is amazed, but true to his word he begins filling out the pass. As he's writing he says "This is incredible, you've always been thoroughly insane. How'd you do it?" The lunatic responds, "Oh, it was easy I divided 128 by Wednesday!"

It's not a matter of being "willing" it's a matter of being forced by market pressures. Imagine if nobody would accept your insurance.

I'm just saying this is a guy who did 8 years of college, 3-4 years of residency, and can get sued and lose it all in a moments notice. I think he earned more than $7.

Hell, if I can find him I'm gonna go give him a twenty spot because I feel guilty.

I was trying to inject some humor into this!

Somebody screws up a watch, worst case they pay to replace it. I have a lot of respect for guys who do mechanical work. I would love to be able to work on my own watches and my best friend is an auto mechanic who owns a shop. Like I said, worst case you buy a new one. Like the saying goes; "It's not brain surgery". :)

Yes, but some are not willing to accept "assignment of benefits" in lieu of full payment for services rendered.
Edited by banshee35

There was nothing to be confused about. You insinuated that they were a burger flipper, or got paid burger flipper wages. It was unnecessary. It makes no difference what the person does, or how much they earn, so your comment was an unnecessary low blow to try and discredit them.

Actually, what I said was he was lucky it was illegal to pay him what he was worth...

He discredited himself with his unwarranted tirades..

And I am giving you the benefit of the doubt when calling you confused...

Actually, what I said was he was lucky it was illegal to pay him what he was worth...

No you didn't, you said:

Of course, the point is probably lost on you...

To only pay half of "Burger Flipper" wages for you, would be illegal in the US... lucky you.

Why would the point be lost on him, if he could afford the cost of repairs anyway? You implied (or certainly appeared to) that he was in a low-paid job. This impression was created by the preceding part of your comment:

What do YOU do?

What he does, and what he is paid, is irrelevent to the issue. Namely, that he asked for help, was given the brush off, and did not get any other responces until he started the thread.

He discredited himself with his unwarranted tirades..

I agree, not the best way to get people to help, but, if it touches a nerve, then maybe people ought to think why.

If people had come forward and initially responded, then he wouldn't have felt the need to do this. I don't agree with the way he's gone about it, but I think the point he raises is a valid one, in terms of people not offering him help.

It's like the comment Chieftang made about sending the watches to TWP or RBJ. It came across as a suggestion that they are not good modders. I don't know who RBJ is, but, the majority of work I've seen from TWP has been excellent, certainly not work to be scoffed at. We're all Human, we all have our off days. I prefer to judge someone by their overall portfolio of work, rather than only focussing on negative aspects. For the record, I'd fully trust TWP to work on one of my watches, and indeed, plan on doing so when I have the spare cash to do so.

And I am giving you the benefit of the doubt when calling you confused...

Oh, you think you're being generous, do you? I'm not the one who made an unnecessary comment to someone and is now trying to backpeddle out of it. Maybe I misunderstood your intention, if so, I apologize. Your comment appeared rather straight-forward in its intention.

Peace be upon you.

I didn't back peddle from anything...

Yes, you did. I've quoted your original post above. Read it. You may not have intended your post to come across like you were making fun of what Tom does for a living, but it certainly reads like that was your intention. Again, apologies if that is a misunderstanding on my part.

And, since you aren't simply confused... keep your two faced, self righteous crap to your own.

I'm not being two-faced at all, and as for self-rightous, that applies way more to your posts towards Tom, so stop condescending towards me.

Did you just try and PM me? For some reason it is not appearing in my inbox, although I received a notification while in the middle of sending another PM.

Hey 894tom,

We have tried to stear you in the right direction, except you think you

know more than everyone on the forum!

Enough is enough....Let's all move on Tom.

If you don't,,, I doubt if people will keep answering you...

This is old now! ;)

Let's put this thread to sleep!

Thanks 894tom,

-MM