When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New reps coming out in 2008

MADRED7

Guys and gals,

to get over the slow time of the chinese lunar year (or CNY) I will let you know about my own wishes, thoughts and suggestions.

I do log-in every day....I do read every day....but due to the slow-down right now my mind is full of questionmarks what will be available after the chines labour gets back to work...what were our dealers hiding, what did they manage to hold back as a big-hello and great news to post after the 17th of Feb???!!!

Well, I ask several dealers right before CNY what to expect for this year and only got the standard answer: " .. this and that and some of those during the hole year!" Thats not a lot of info...so my watchnutted brain plays its own cenario and this is what I like to come out...what I like to buy....what I like to be replicated.

Feel free to chime in, make your own suggestions, tell us about your investigations and Sherlock-Homes-like stories:

- I see the IWC Big Ingenieur with its 45.5mm case....whould be a pleasure and not that hard to replicate allthough the power reserve can be tough....but I would deffo buy one :p

- I feel the AP ROO Shaquille O

I am a little bit sick of all chronos that have been lately released... <_<

like somebody said...i wish new movements to be released...a nice big date would be welcome as Breguet Marine big date...or something else...the ALS....or....just something different to bring some fresh air in the rep world...

I believe the Chopard Mille Miglia chrono should be out soon... if it isn't already. Any day now.

Does anyone have any updates on this?

We can only keep our fingers crossed that they will release a RELIABLE DAYTONA SECONDS-AT-SIX!

Joshua told me after CNY. I am lucky and I could try both models (silver and black) in a shop. I have troubles to choose one for bying the rep ^_^

No hard evidence, but some guesses from my side:

- Big Pilot

- something with the new Panerai calibers...

- Zenith Defy

- Panerai Radiomir automatic

- AP ROO with correct running secs at 12... let's hope they bought a module and copied that!! That would bring us soooo much joy :D

....and how about some new HBB that are not 44mm??? Will they try any copy the Bigger Bang?

For the RLX GMT II....I strongly believe they will do that.....and wait for Basel 2008...there will be more new pieces introduced and maybe the rep-factories are faster than the real company and come out with a rep before the gen hits the market (as for the PAM183/210...and PAM232/249).

• 5 months later...
I am a little bit sick of all chronos that have been lately released... <_<

like somebody said...i wish new movements to be released...a nice big date would be welcome as Breguet Marine big date...or something else...the ALS....or....just something different to bring some fresh air in the rep world...

I'll second that emotion. The Breguet Marine is one of my grail watches....hopefully somebody will take a stab it and get some variety going. Can't take any more chrono's.