When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crazy Environmentalists!

Victoria

Global Warming!

Did they realize by removing the light-colored bits of gum from the sidewalk, they are reducing the amount of reflected heat energy back into space? The dark roads are absorbing more heat than they would otherwise, and THAT is where global warming is originating!

Alert congress! The media!!

I wonder if I can get a study grant from the govt to look into this? :g:

That is the english showing through, you should have seen the looks i got in New york and asked where i could get a pack of fags!

And was the answer "Near Washington Sq"? :lol:

Yeah, sorry about that guys. I am USUALLY very good about using North Americanisms alongside. I brainfarted. :)

That is the english showing through, you should have seen the looks i got in New york and asked where i could get a pack of fags!

They come in packs now? :g:

Wait... let me rephrase that...........

Well, at least you called them fag ends and not fag butts.

Now that would really have drawn snickers from an immature American like me!! :p

Wellllll.

Actually, MJ, at my university American Rhodes' scholars sometimes put on an "English" accent, which they would inevitably have at end of first term. No one would criticise them openly, but you know, it was a little ridiculous.

I remember one gathering when one such guy (a virulent non-smoker) in a very loud voice, yelled across the room -- "Hey, whose fag butts are these?!!".

Reply, "Yours ducky" in a very mincey tone. :lol:

Guess you had to be there.