When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Potential Scam Over At TRC...All Forums Be Warned!

DuDro

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Years ago.. before i started dealing.. Only Eddie Lee is allowed to use factory pics.. He always delivers and really there is no problems with that .. But the rest of the dealers are using their own pics..

Thus for me to break into the selling scene.. I have to shoot my own pics.. It is a norm .. an unwritten rule for the forum to accept a dealer and the members to feel confident about the new dealer.. It shows that the dealer has the stocks on hand, and has physically seen, feel and touch the watch ... The watch must be good for the dealer so that it is good for the members of the board.

Eddie has since left the scene, since then... for a period of time, every dealer on board uses its own pics..

Sadly this has started to deteriorate.. I am now seeing dealer/s not shooting their own pics to hawk for sales.. And the current subject matter of this thread..... A genuine watch pic was posted..

I think its time for the board/s to enforce such a rule ... I am very sure all the other dealers has no problems with this cos all of them (nearly) are already doing that .... i.e.. All dealer must take their own pictures ...and not grabbing off someone else's photobucket.

Thanks

Joshua

Edited by Jos Nana

Josh says that the dealer must take his own pics, makes good sense. Crippler offered to send a catalogue of rep watches to choose from.

In my 4 years of rep collecting I've never heard of a dealer doing that.

I thought that was unusual.

look well at another member who is selling watches at unbelievable prices.. this is what appears to be factory pics ... looks familiar

although i doubt the factory dealer is giving his consent to the pics being used.. this was my question earlier in the week.. and other members voiced their displeasure at the inconsistancies of the service and bad defects in the watches..that only got resolved because they posted their concerns..

These [censored] just have to rip off the wrong person just the once and it's eating a steak through a straw time.

Man this kind of stuff gets me angry, How dare someone think they can just run off with peoples money like that!!!

It happens all the time here in the USA by the dropshipper maggots. The authorities know all about them but refuse to do anything. I suspect they want them there to discourage people from acquiring reps. Some people buy, get ripped off and leave the scene.

Josh says that the dealer must take his own pics, makes good sense. Crippler offered to send a catalogue of rep watches to choose from.

In my 4 years of rep collecting I've never heard of a dealer doing that.

I thought that was unusual.

That's exactly what I thought, I said that if I can't see the watch first how can I buy it? He answered in a smart-ass way something to the effect "what's the problem son". I knew he was a scumball the first time I read his writing.

Edited by Torques

Yes, I remember that - someone said they wanted to see pics of the watch and not some catalogue, Crippler WAY over-reacted to that comment.

I thought "whoa, why the defensiveness? not a good way to start out".

This guy came in with the oldest trick in the book

Hooked his marks with the promise of lowest ever pricing

If it was a Nigerian trying to bank his great uncle's millions, hed be pooh pooh'd....but someone with the inside track to magical factory prices and they queue up to be fleeced....(ah well, as the old saying goes - if God didnt want them sheared, he wouldnt have made them sheep).

Anyhoo hes grifted in and gone....now moves are afoot on TRC to report this to the Police et all !!!!!!!! Now watch this fiasco turn into a disaster.

now moves are afoot on TRC to report this to the Police et all !!!!!!!! Now watch this fiasco turn into a disaster.

But hang on... Didn't someone say earlier in here that there was no way to 'police, prosecute or jail'.....?!

every $$$ sent to this scammer........was a further lack of investment in those dealers who have been working hard over MANY years to give you the best of service......the shame is on you all......and I won't even go into Admin....!

'Nuff said.

Sorry Alan I can't agree with your behaviour as a Moderator.....it's perfectly acceptable for any member to put his viewpoint across.....on this forum or any forum......it's for the benefit of all.....I don't see r11co's POV as being pot-stirring.....I do however see a scurry of Mods and Admins trying to distance themselves as far as possible from criticism regarding this scam.....whilst RWG Mods may not have direct culpability.....there is a common denominating factor.....and we all know what....!

No dealer should have been allowed the freedom that Crippler was given to implement a scam......how can you give an 'Apprentice Dealer"...carte blanche to contact members by PM.....do none of you realise that criminals prefer their crimes to be carried out in the dark.....away from public scrutiny.......letting Crippler ...indeed ANY new dealer have the facility to operate in that manner is rank stupidity and negligent in the extreme ...E:G:.......PM sent :......"Hi dear member.......I'd really love to get established on TRC....I've got great access and prices to the stuff that other dealers sell.......knowing that you're enquiring about a Swiss 7753 Breitling.....how about I sell to you at MY COST to help get myself established......I don't mind breaking even on my first 20x or so watches.....knowing that it will help to establish me and gain trust from other members and Admin.......so would you like a Breitling at cost.......BUT....please don't mention it.....I don't want other customers to think they can get at the same price...".........that's a potential scenario that could be engendered by any SCAMMER in order to gain establishment....carried out behind the scenes with no-one ....not even Admin team members knowing about it.......ANY 'Apprentice dealer'....should have ALL of his transactions carried out in the full light of scrutiny.....PRICES posted clearly in all sales posts......CONTACT solely by post responses.....no PM's.......no e-mail.....ASSESMENT as to his knowledge of the product he is selling......does he know the difference between a 7750 and a cabbage......PRECISE details as to his areas of responsibility......CLEAR and unambiguous photographs of the stock he has......NOT the stock he claims to be able to GET....forums require private members to post items with a security background that shows he has what he sells......Crippler was allowed to whet appetites by merely 'claiming' what he could get.......that should never have been allowed.

No NEW dealer should have had that POWER......that should have been plugged long ago..........given that the original mission statement was that the forum was set up to provide information about replica watches and provide that information for amongst other purposes ...to prevent members from being scammed......you can hardly say that providing a 'caveat emptor' statement was acting in the best interests of the members....more like acting as a safety net for Admin.......!

I've watched the gradual erosion of the principles and the abandonment of almost any kind of security in regard to dealers and members.....and the efforts of individuals trying to distance themselves from the apportioning of blame..........whilst I agree with the general principle of 'personal responsibility'.........I think more could have been done behind the scenes........!

Edited by TTK

I think more could have been done behind the scenes........!

If just one member on RepGeek had notified a Moderator about the back-door sales PMs over there, alarm bells would have gone off. Instead, people sent off WU to someone they didn't know on the strength of a crappy PM scam.

"You can't con an honest man."

Sorry Alan I can't agree with your behaviour as a Moderator.....it's perfectly acceptable for any member to put his viewpoint across.....on this forum or any forum......it's for the benefit of all.....I don't see r11co's POV as being pot-stirring.....I do however see a scurry of Mods and Admins trying to distance themselves as far as possible from criticism regarding this scam.....whilst RWG Mods may not have direct culpability.....there is a common denominating factor.....and we all know what....!

No dealer should have been allowed the freedom that Crippler was given to implement a scam......how can you give an 'Apprentice Dealer"...carte blanche to contact members by PM.....do none of you realise that criminals prefer their crimes to be carried out in the dark.....away from public scrutiny.......letting Crippler ...indeed ANY new dealer have the facility to operate in that manner is rank stupidity and negligent in the extreme ...E:G:.......PM sent :......"Hi dear member.......I'd really love to get established on TRC....I've got great access and prices to the stuff that other dealers sell.......knowing that you're enquiring about a Swiss 7753 Breitling.....how about I sell to you at MY COST to help get myself established......I don't mind breaking even on my first 20x or so watches.....knowing that it will help to establish me and gain trust from other members and Admin.......so would you like a Breitling at cost.......BUT....please don't mention it.....I don't want other customers to think they can get at the same price...".........that's a potential scenario that could be engendered by any SCAMMER in order to gain establishment....carried out behind the scenes with no-one ....not even Admin team members knowing about it.......ANY 'Apprentice dealer'....should have ALL of his transactions carried out in the full light of scrutiny.....PRICES posted clearly in all sales posts......CONTACT solely by post responses.....no PM's.......no e-mail.....ASSESMENT as to his knowledge of the product he is selling......does he know the difference between a 7750 and a cabbage......PRECISE details as to his areas of responsibility......CLEAR and unambiguous photographs of the stock he has......NOT the stock he claims to be able to GET....forums require private members to post items with a security background that shows he has what he sells......Crippler was allowed to whet appetites by merely 'claiming' what he could get.......that should never have been allowed.

No NEW dealer should have had that POWER......that should have been plugged long ago..........given that the original mission statement was that the forum was set up to provide information about replica watches and provide that information for amongst other purposes ...to prevent members from being scammed......you can hardly say that providing a 'caveat emptor' statement was acting in the best interests of the members....more like acting as a safety net for Admin.......!

I've watched the gradual erosion of the principles and the abandonment of almost any kind of security in regard to dealers and members.....and the efforts of individuals trying to distance themselves from the apportioning of blame..........whilst I agree with the general principle of 'personal responsibility'.........I think more could have been done behind the scenes........!

Affirmative.

Well - what happens now? Is this thread just going to fade away and Crippler walking away into the sunset with the loot?

His account on Repgeek is still active, don't know how much he did here, all his threads are still there on RG, even the one with his "Chinese friend" any newbie that does not know about all this s**t can be sending him money right now for all I know..

Kiss your money goodbye, those guys are never caught, keep dreaming.

I wrote because this topic was dissapearing and Cripplers trap is still set on Repgeek. Newbies who have not heard about his mess can still get caught by him.

Shut him down is what I am saying!

The reason why this loop had died was that it has nothing to do with RWG. Crippler is not a licensed practitioner here. It is nice that someone sounded a warning but your time would be better served getting him banned from whatever forum he is participating on currently (if he still is).

Most importantly, I do hope people are successful in getting their watches or money back.

I sent an email to the repgeek admin about crippler and his scam, and mentioned that he should be banned. here is what they said

" Thank you for your concern. We were told that cripples is going to take

vare of all orders. "

Well that would really be amazing after all this time. Lets hope so...

BTW I did start that thread on repgeek back up also, because I was worried that all his postings are still there.