When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Potential Scam Over At TRC...All Forums Be Warned!

DuDro

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I keep getting redirected after 10 seconds or so. odd.

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Same here, must be a forum fault! :mellow:

About two weeks ago I had contacted him by PM about an A7750 movement, his replies were really quick, within minutes he had replied back. Said that he would find out from his supplier in china to see how much he could get me the movment for. I reminded him a few days after and he said that there was that big storm they had in china that it would delay. I haven't heard anything since then. Sucks cause I really need the movement and don't know anyone else that sells it here or on TRC. Too bad he seemed like a swell guy...

The error returned was:

Ignore if this is obvious, but are you logging in with your email (instead of your handle)?

Ignore if this is obvious, but are you logging in with your email (instead of your handle)?

Actually I was logged in. I would get to the main page (showing I was logged in), the after exactly 8 seconds the page would automatically redirect to the error page. Seem okay now though.

About two weeks ago I had contacted him by PM about an A7750 movement, his replies were really quick, within minutes he had replied back. Said that he would find out from his supplier in china to see how much he could get me the movment for. I reminded him a few days after and he said that there was that big storm they had in china that it would delay. I haven't heard anything since then. Sucks cause I really need the movement and don't know anyone else that sells it here or on TRC. Too bad he seemed like a swell guy...

Sorry Chuck but your complaint is not valid because (1.) there was very bad storms that shut down Gaungzhou before CNY and (2.) Then there was CNY

Dealers have only just returned to work.

Ken

Are you sure about that ? submersible24g=crippler...because Sub.. still activ on Repgeek..very strange... :huh:

Must of been the result of mis-reading the thread - Bryan Pannel is a no-good Texan scammer who goes under the name submersible24g / base / several others. Crippler is yet to be confirmed a scammer ;)

FYI... got a tracking number on the 16th and the parcel is still not in the system.. so with that said .. and imagine the number of pacrcels to be processed after the CNY holiday.. it will be awhile until things get back on track ... so we hurry up and wait...

FYI... got a tracking number on the 16th and the parcel is still not in the system.. so with that said .. and imagine the number of pacrcels to be processed after the CNY holiday.. it will be awhile until things get back on track ... so we hurry up and wait...

Again I don't want to cause undue stress but it seems strange to me that tracking numbers were being handed out on the 16th when everyone I know in Gaungzhou was shut until the 17th.

Ken

I feel for you guys who bought from Crippler, being the testers for the rest of us nd all.

When he started selling swiss 7750 watches fro $399 is when I started to mistrust him.

I truly hope he comes back and takes care of you guys.

You know, Trusty got a pretty shakey start and look at him now.

Again I don't want to cause undue stress but it seems strange to me that tracking numbers were being handed out on the 16th when everyone I know in Gaungzhou was shut until the 17th.

Ken

some business started resuming on the 15 or 16 with some parcels said to "start" going out "from" the 17th .. but that may mean they were collected on the 17th .. only time will tell

Sorry Chuck but your complaint is not valid because (1.) there was very bad storms that shut down Gaungzhou before CNY and (2.) Then there was CNY

Dealers have only just returned to work.

Ken

Ken I was just stating what my conversation with him was, and that it sucked for me because I really needed the movement. If it came out like I was complaining I apologize.

I always give the person a chance until proven otherwise. Again He seemed like a cool guy when I talked to him. I really hope he's not screwing with you guys.

Any number of things could have happened. Accident, Sickness, Death in the family etc.

As for my movement i'm no longer buying from him because I was in a bit of hurry to get the movement, so I got the last one left from ajoesmith. Hope he resolves everyones issues.

I went over TRC (even though I know its existence for years) after the last update in the RWG. One of the first sections I visited was that of rizshop, just to get a idea if there are any EU-based dealers I didn't know of. I didn't investigate it too much, having read about the closed community of TRC, I thought I would be safe buying from this guy. I am not blaming them since there was already a 'buy at your own risk' warning in his section. I am just saying that if this was in RWG (or RWI) I wouldn't have sent any WU to an untested dealer, plus I would have noticed him from day one. Well, I sent him the equivalent of 300+USD via WU for an Admiral's Cup. It is 9 days that he has stopped responding to my emails. Strange thing is that I was traveling to Sweden for some business and we were supposed to even get together for a beer. I had a couple of business dinners, so I didn't manage to email him while there. In the mean time, the watch was supposed to be delivered (if only I had planned for the short trip to sweden ONE day earlier, I would have asked to deliver it in person). Well, after all this time, I haven't received anything. I asked the admin over TRC to give me his contacts/details and I will try to find a way out of it.

I went over TRC (even though I know its existence for years) after the last update in the RWG. One of the first sections I visited was that of rizshop, just to get a idea if there are any EU-based dealers I didn't know of. I didn't investigate it too much, having read about the closed community of TRC, I thought I would be safe buying from this guy. I am not blaming them since there was already a 'buy at your own risk' warning in his section. I am just saying that if this was in RWG (or RWI) I wouldn't have sent any WU to an untested dealer, plus I would have noticed him from day one. Well, I sent him the equivalent of 300+USD via WU for an Admiral's Cup. It is 9 days that he has stopped responding to my emails. Strange thing is that I was traveling to Sweden for some business and we were supposed to even get together for a beer. I had a couple of business dinners, so I didn't manage to email him while there. In the mean time, the watch was supposed to be delivered (if only I had planned for the short trip to sweden ONE day earlier, I would have asked to deliver it in person). Well, after all this time, I haven't received anything. I asked the admin over TRC to give me his contacts/details and I will try to find a way out of it.

I am very sorry to hear that George

Well folks, it looks like the 'buy at your own risk' approach failed.

The temptation to add new 'approved' dealers to a forum is a strong one for a variety of reasons, but the approval process can't be shortcut by using the members as guinea -pigs.....

but the approval process can't be shortcut by using the members as guinea -pigs.....

That's one hell of an accusation there, I'm am pretty sure TRC had no intention of using their members as guinea pigs, but like it or not the only way a new dealer can be tried is to let him sell.

Ken

That's one hell of an accusation there, I'm am pretty sure TRC had no intention of using their members as guinea pigs, but like it or not the only way a new dealer can be tried is to let him sell.

The mere act of a 'trusted' forum introducing its members to a seller will imply to those members a certain level of approval, even if the introduction carries a disclaimer.

Setting up a section for a dealer sends the same message. No dealer should even be let in the door until the forum leaders have performed their due diligence, either through several verifiable recommendations from trusted members who have purchased from said new dealer, or by risking their own hard-earned.