When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just arrived: DSN's 1938a!

gianton

With Swiss ETA Unitas 6497. It's a replica of the RWC 1938a. Wanted an unbranded case back and black hands but did not get them. Davidsen though offered to send them at no cost next week. First purchase from Davidsen and all went fine, will surely buy from him again (a 232 is next). A relume of the dial and hands is a mod I want. Just a quick shot will post more shortly.

cali.jpg

With Swiss ETA Unitas 6497. It's a replica of the RWC 1938a.

cali.jpg

Gianton, this is great! But please explain to a newbie like me, the difference between a RWC1938a, and a PAM 249. I realise you got the Cali hands, it's not that.

But how can that site legitimately sell the other watch for US$950 shipped by EMS courier? :p

I was after the black Cali hands as DSN advised at first:

wkbxh.jpg

But no worries as he offered to send them for free together with an unbranded case back, next week. Great service so far.

So is yours!

Were you after black California style hands for your watch or "normal" black Panerai style hands?

Congrats, waiting for the pics!

Gianton,

very nice watch. Wear it well.

Yesterday evening i mounted a Savage 27/26 to my 232. Next coming days i'll shoot soempics and post them over here.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Newbie! Hahaha!!! Well I think it's all taking the risks... they made 300 pcs times the profit they make, you can imagine the total $$$. Now if Panerai takes action against them, it's a different story.

Gianton, this is great! But please explain to a newbie like me, the difference between a RWC1938a, and a PAM 249. I realise you got the Cali hands, it's not that.

But how can that site legitimately sell the other watch for US$950 shipped by EMS courier? :p

I keep having a hankering after a cali dial but when i see one i cant bring myself to buy one, look great though!, nice case back V, i recon it would look great on a flip lid like the purdy style pams

Andy I had the same opinion as you do. Didn't liked the cali from photos and got mine as a trade to check it out, but to be honest you have to have one and wear it to understand the beauty of it. :)