When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If you could have one Gen Omega

wadan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 5:

Speedy Moon

Black SMP (full size auto)

Vintage SM300

Vintage (late '50s?) solid gold Seamaster

Dynamic date (80s)

If I could keep only 1 it would be the Speedy Pro, followed by the SMP. In fact they're probably listed in order of preference.

I wouldn't buy the gen PO as I think that they are too trendy / faddish and the SMP is altogether a nicer watch. Mind you I have an orange UPO which gets a reasonable amount of wrist time.

I have 5:

Speedy Moon

Black SMP (full size auto)

Vintage SM300

Vintage (late '50s?) solid gold Seamaster

Dynamic date (80s)

If I could keep only 1 it would be the Speedy Pro, followed by the SMP. In fact they're probably listed in order of preference.

I wouldn't buy the gen PO as I think that they are too trendy / faddish and the SMP is altogether a nicer watch. Mind you I have an orange UPO which gets a reasonable amount of wrist time.

My Dear PAMman ,

Your list is somthing out of a wet dream :D

and I have to agree with you on the moony and the PO :good:

cheers

Good choices all of them. And a great thread.

I have a genuine MW.... my main work watch, it's fantastic (and the more I wear it the more I like it), I HAD to buy it because I can't wear a rep at work (my work is a lot to do with patents and trademarks and to wear a rep would not go down well at all).

HOWEVER, must say that the recent new reps of the Day Date have been playing on my mind and I can't wait for mine to get here.

If it makes me feel as good as I think it will - if I am going to wear it for work I'll have to get a genuine - SO, my choice would be:

ificouldhave.jpg

This is a pic of an old one form the web, there is something intriguing and manly about this watch, in the same way as the moon watch, it's substantial, it's stylish, it has weight, Omega is a brand you can wear anywhere and it says a lot about you, but most of all I love the look of the thing. I do not dive or sail so a real PO Seamaster would be a bit daft, but THIS? This is a watch I could wear and flaunt and bore people silly with constant left arm movement. The other thing is because the logo is offset and not in the usual position it is not entirely apparent at first glance which brand it is - means more people will ask you - a plus. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE LOOK OF THIS DESIGN, anyone know the history? When it was introduced? Who designed it?

Hi to everybody ,

Just trying to answer a question

If you could have one and only one Gen Omega what would it be :g: too many to chose from

A Speedy moon ?

A bond ?

A PO ?

A BA ?

A Rail Master ?

Cheers

Moon watch. All the way (acrylic crystal, solid case back version, the ORIGINAL)

Why? For his historical reason. For his "soul" behind this watch. After that, the rest of the list is an "optional" choice IMHO ;)

For me, a second gen could be a PO du to his co-axial mvt, and his 600M water resistance, exceptional, but, the Moon should be a must to purchase FIRST. PO is not a classic yet, wait little bit...

I bought a gen speedy, ~5-6 years ago, since this time I sold all my other gen, and a lot of rotation, except this one... it's a keeper for a long long ride, should never be sold, it's like a good bottle of wine that you have in your cave, more time pass, more the needs to keep it grow. I suggest you to read/post on TZ (timezone), that wil help to do the right choice.

I went and tried some on a few weeks ago and the Seamaster Chronograph was my favorite by far.

Just felt perfect.

If I ever drop serious $$$ on a watch that might have to be the one.

I have one of WBK's SMP reps that I like so much I have given thought to replacing it with the gen.

Cal 321 Speedy Pre-Moon

sppro1eq5.jpg

sppro6ra3.jpg

This indeed would be the way to go IMO. I'd absolutely love one of these too. Of course, I'd probably also have to get a newer 42mm model moon watch for day to day wearing since the vintage pieces are just so small on the wrist. I also really like the Broad Arrow chronos, but am not willing to touch those in house Omega chrono movements with a 10m stick...

Hi to everybody ,

Just trying to answer a question

If you could have one and only one Gen Omega what would it be :g: too many to chose from

A Speedy moon ?

A bond ?

A PO ?

A BA ?

A Rail Master ?

Cheers

Great question - I actually am in the same boat - I have purchased the electric blue SMP - I think that it is a simply a georgous watch.

• 4 months later...