When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Genuine 1665 on the bay from a zero seller?

alligoat

Garland is a suburb of Dallas- 4 hrs from H town by car- 45 minutes in a jet.

At frst I looked at the end links, but when I saw the folded link bracelet, I said OK, that's fine. This baby could go pretty high in spite of the seller

Aside from the incorrect end links, I wish he had less suspicious (blurry, distant) pictures. That is the only thing (aside from the 0 seller history) that really bothers me about this. But, from what I can see, it looks like quite a find for someone. I wonder why he is selling it?

It's not high stakes gambling. It's throwing your money away. At least in gambling, you get reasonable odds. Here you get 99% odds that you send him the money and you never see the watch. How much you throw away is up to you.

And for all you people who say "well, 15 bidders can't be wrong", I say they have as much collective security as a flock of sheep on the way to the slaughterhouse.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Anyone notice the CG's. Those are about the tightest cut CG's Ive ever seen on a Rolex. We all do our best to carve the insides out, and if this is actually a gen watch, it proves that some of them are tight.

No doubt moelarrycu is legitmate. And if he can get the watch and it's real, I guess it's a pretty good deal. I know I'd be on a plane to Dallas top pick it up. There was a DRSD on ebay last year that went for $24K. This one has the potential to be worth more if it's not a scam, but the guys on VRF certainly thought it was a scam.

I am pretty sure 285s were spec'd for the 9315 & used on early 1665s. But I think these end links were designed for a case with lug holes, so the cut-outs in the bottom of the 285s in the seller's picture may hint to the bracelet being an aftermarket part. I am not sure about this though.

I've seen the cut-outs on early bracelet end pieces- Nanuq has some on one of his watches (6536?). These are the early flimsy pre 93150 type of bracelets. And as Nanuq or was it you, Freddy, who said they've never seen a fake folded link bracelet?