When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Slithering Reptiles, Batman!

Victoria

Agree.. the straps must be consistent with the history of the brand. Yes nicely made strap and probably a lot of work, but how the heck is consistent with Panerais simplicity concept?

it's like anything else,some good some bad.some of his other straps are awesome.

$400. WITHOUT a watch attached...????....C'mon...this belongs over on Paneristi, with all the other "stuff" of that genre...!!! (whacko!!) ;) ;) ;)

That's my budget for at least my next 3 reps...total!!!

A strapmaker was commenting to me the other day, how he is always low-balled by gen Panerai owners, for his straps.

He said something like,

"They can afford a $5000-$7000 watch but want to haggle about a $200 strap??".

I said, it's true, makes no sense, but that also a lot of middle-class people who scrimp and save for a gen PAM, SIMPLY CANNOT afford a $200 strap.

I didn't say that sometimes even when you can, spending $200-$400 for a strap is really obscene. I hope my parents never find my bank statement for my Jules Verne...

Custom straps are nice and all, but what difference does it make how much the watch costs? It's still just two little scraps of leather, not like a pair of handmade shoes or something.

In all fairness, this snake strap can hardly be described as two little scraps of leather :lol: As I mentioned above, I likely wouldn't wear such a strap, but, I can certainly appreciate it as a piece of artwork/craftsmanship, and the time and effort which went into making it :) It's the sort of thing a strap collector might buy just so they could have it for their collection, but never wear it, almost like people who collect skatebord decks and display them on the wall, rather than actually riding them :)

Custom straps are nice and all, but what difference does it make how much the watch costs? It's still just two little scraps of leather, not like a pair of handmade shoes or something.

Not for nothing, Doc, are straps referred to as "shoes" when posting them.

"My 127 gets new shoes!" etc.

And I'll bet these'll last you longer too. :)