When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paging GW experts

torresp

I used to have 1665 double red and time to time I changed it for a improved version till the current I actually own, but after be seeing for a while the nice GW you have I felt in love with that watch and it becomes my new target...

... till today ;)

What do you think mates.. gen or rep or what?

DSCN9827.jpg

DSCN9829.jpg

DSCN9830.jpg

DSCN9831.jpg

DSCN9833.jpg

DSCN9834.jpg

DSCN9836.jpg

DSCN9839.jpg

DSCN9840.jpg

My two 1665, my daily beaters for a loooong time. (I hope ;))

DSCN9842.jpg

DSCN9846.jpg

DSCN9848.jpg

and the mandatory wrist-shots... thank for viewing, comments will be welcome :)

DSCN9864.jpg

DSCN9868.jpg

best

Toni

Kudos to all of you guys... all gen except the case (even the 93150 with 585 endlinks).

The case is the new one from Phong that solve a hev valve issue in previous versions (now is deeper), measures of the whole case are 100% corrects and add a new GW caseback... the only matter is that is not well finish to use gen opener tools (the marks to open it are wider than gen) but not a big problem ;)

comming a fadded tritium bezel...

by the way Oli, I owe you a email... just writing it ;)

I wish I'd caught this before the big reveal!

Awesome watch...really nice. The first thing I thought was that the dial on the GW is genuine- but then as Oli mentioned it looks like there's some damage or lack of tritium on some of the markers. I thought the crown guards on the case looked like they were reppish, in the sense of being too thick...but maybe I'm off on that. The movement looked real as evidenced by the datewheel font as well as the fact it didn't look at all recessed...but that's a tough one to tell.

The bracelets looked obviously gen to me. So did the bezel, interestingly, so it makes me wonder if it would be at all possible to get a similar bezel from Phong separately, as it looks like a big improvement over the MBK version. It bothers me that I can spot that so easily in a sense, in terms of the difference with the genuine parts, and I'm not trying to be falsely self-depricating. It just makes it more expensive for me to get to point of feeling like I'm finally done...

Very beautiful my friend.

I too will have a beauty like this soon thanks to Oliver and Phong! I ordered this same case from him today and just need to source a gen dial and movement and were off and running.

Oliver has kindly supplied me with much knowledge and some oem parts too. Thanks!!

This gets me very, very excited. I'm building this watch as a 40th birthday present to myself later this year.

Thankyou for giving me some pics to aim for!!!!! :rolleyes:

Have you aged the case Toni or did it arrive like this??

Very beautiful my friend.

I too will have a beauty like this soon thanks to Oliver and Phong! I ordered this same case from him today and just need to source a gen dial and movement and were off and running.

Oliver has kindly supplied me with much knowledge and some oem parts too. Thanks!!

This gets me very, very excited. I'm building this watch as a 40th birthday present to myself later this year.

Thankyou for giving me some pics to aim for!!!!! :rolleyes:

Have you aged the case Toni or did it arrive like this??

Perfect watch for birthday present Paul, initially was my idea too but couldn't wait till september... the sooner the better ;) hope we can meet in Marbella this year to share our watches...

case was slightly aged b/c as always Phong's case comes with wrong lugholes so I needed to drill it again and polish it after that.

Toni my friend Iam in shock. Maybe you have told me and I have forgotten but we are 40 on the same day!!!!! and we both have this watch project!!

I can't wait to receive my case from Phong!

I was in Marbella last week but only for 3 days on business. I will be there for August and most of September so I hope we can get together finally!

B)

Yup, same day, month and year... we'll keep in touch for the meeting mate ;)

by the way: as soon as you receive Phong's case check it in all the ways, specially the tube and crow position, I returned him one case for QC problems and need to retap other to install properly the 702 tube.

Best,

T