When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mf 1942 Strap

explor_er

I'm looking to purchase a manifattuer firenze 1942 for my PAM063.

Does anybody have any method to speed up the natural patina process such as using leather oils or conditioners to darken it up a bit? I know 3-4 months of daily wear will probably do it, but I figured

somebody has self-distressed one quicker.

Thanks

It sounds funny (and maybe even downright strange), but when you wake up in the morning, clean the oils off your face your face with your strap... It does a great job of getting rid of the oils on your face and ages the strap beautifully! You will have a beautiful patina in no time flat!

Another way to age leather is to soak it and dry it in a warm place - use thumbs to rub it and rub it. Repeat this process several times. I aged my MF 1942 in a couple of days to a beautiful patina. Oils are not the best way as they soften the leather too much sometimes.

I think I'll go with the accelerated natural approach. Lots of thumb action with just a bit of morning forehead oil. :D

Thanks again! I'll due some before and after shots when the strap arrives.

Another way to age leather is to soak it and dry it in a warm place - use thumbs to rub it and rub it. Repeat this process several times. I aged my MF 1942 in a couple of days to a beautiful patina. Oils are not the best way as they soften the leather too much sometimes.

It sounds funny (and maybe even downright strange), but when you wake up in the morning, clean the oils off your face your face with your strap... It does a great job of getting rid of the oils on your face and ages the strap beautifully! You will have a beautiful patina in no time flat!

ROFLMAO!!! :lol::lol::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I bet my wife would get a kick out of that. LOL

Though that sounds funny and a little gross, it should actually work.

I guess you could take the strap and put it in your underwear and then run a 1/2 marathon on a sunny day and let it dry that way for a nice sweaty look too. ;) I know that was much more gross. :D

Where do you learn that ?? from some downunder mates ?? :D

Though that sounds funny and a little gross, it should actually work.

I guess you could take the strap and put it in your underwear and then run a 1/2 marathon on a sunny day and let it dry that way for a nice sweaty look too. ;) I know that was much more gross. :D

I like to try that and show you the result :Jumpy::D:D