When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Proud...

capice

Moved from POTR`S Auctions. posted 3.51 Fri.

Today has been a sort of quiet day for me , after the involvement with potr`s auctions.

In Melbourne , ( Australia ) yesterday , Good Friday, the annual state wide fundraiser was on for good and old.

It`s called the Good Friday Childrens Hospital Appeal, whereas all donations collected go towards paying for extra

equipment for the Royal Childrens Hospital in the city.

Since the start , many years ago, the final total has been climbing every year, this year the final total was

$12,500,000 .

To all of you here involved with "our" appeal for potr, buyers or donators, I feel immensely proud to be associated

with you as fellow human beings, and personally thank you for all your glorious efforts to help a fellow person in his time

of need.

For me to have been involved in this gives me a satisfaction far beyond words.

Sincere thanks to Admin. and Mods. for undying support for your members, to allow this to be set up.

I am sure everyone here at RWG, will be pleased and proud of the final outcome.

My Thanks to one and all.

Rod.

--------------------

I am also immensely proud of everybody who had contributed in a way or other...

It, in a sense, makes Easter tomorrow more meaningful for me, at least...

One thing I must highlight on here... The whole Admin / Mod team's efforts & contribution is commendable beyond words!!

As Rod mentioned above, my Thanks to all as well...

Concur with the above sentiments.....But hey...you guys are sounding like its done!

That's only round 1 :p

We still have Steph's auction running (1/2 an hour to go guys)

We are still waiting for the post for Silixs' most generous offer.

If anyone wants, there are some bargain AR crystal deals going, I'm sure Chief, will accept your offers!

You can still get the TZ watch course material (and a whole bunch of other great info) from me.

And I know of a few members right now digging thru their boxes and collections, to offer more great, and super well priced stuff for your interest.

So ding..ding....Round 2....sorry I couldn't find the "Round Girl"

Let's make this an Easter we, and POTR won't forget.

Offshore

Concur with the above sentiments.....But hey...you guys are sounding like its done!

If anyone wants, there are some bargain AR crystal deals going, I'm sure Chief, will accept your offers!

You can still get the TZ watch course material (and a whole bunch of other great info) from me.

And I know of a few members right now digging thru their boxes and collections, to offer more great, and super well priced stuff for your interest.

Offshore

AMEN...

I honestly admit, that after the past 3 days of events, I am feeling very flat,

and at the moment have a lesser attachement to the subject of this forum.

As,....... "The POTR Auctions" have placed a different meaning on "Life" for me.

Hopefully the "feeling" will return shortly.

In short, I am finding it difficult to attach my feelings towards material things,

when a story like the one that has unfolded recently, clearly shows "life" in it`s

true form.

Know how you feel Rod.....bed for you now! :D

In the great Aussie, and watch WIS tradition...when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

So time to regroup, and fire this thing back up.

Yes...I'm a bloody urger....and I now urge all my friends, and those who will be my friends, to dig once again to support a most worthwhile cause. Can tell you, it feels great to contribute.

Must go, better have a "rummage".

Offshore.

Ahh sucks, you know guys the thought has only just struck me.............and it's too late now.........with POTR's financial probs it was most likely going to be a very lean Easter for his little girl, we should have done a quick whip around at the start to see she got the biggest Easter egg going.

Still I'm sure she only needs Daddies love.

Ken

In short, I am finding it difficult to attach my feelings towards material things,

when a story like the one that has unfolded recently, clearly shows "life" in it`s

true form.

Material things can be very nice if - and only if - you have your loved ones around you in good health and never stop realising what's truly the most important in life. Helping out someone in need when you can is also one of those things....

Brighten up team!

I'm back from the storeroom, with a HUGE selection of watch crystals.

These are MG, domed-1mm thick. not 20 or 30 as is usual, this is a box of 181 crystals!

That is 1 crystal of each size 170->350mm in 1mm increments.

Now these normally sell at +$2 each, and I wholesale these kits for around $150- $200.

Here is your opportunity, will start this at $50...under my cost! Freight included.(and thats +$20 to the US!)

Will post this an auction real soon!

Let's run it for 48 hours from now!

I'll work out the actual finish time a liitle later!!

A great set for the aspiring repairer.

Offshore

If you do NOT get involved in "OUR" little achievement here.......................

I can not say, unfortunately, that you will be "NAMED AND SHAMED".

Steady on there, chap!

Not donating money to charity should not be treated with scorn. Collecting shonky watches doesn't come with a financial obligation.

Praise those who take part instead of bringing down those who don't.

Steady on there, chap!

Not donating money to charity should not be treated with scorn. Collecting shonky watches doesn't come with a financial obligation.

Couldn't agrre more J.. Donations is something you do because you feel it. No one is OBLIGED to give anything without feeling it in his heart and definately they will not be 'Named and Shamed'!!!

Hey in real life I only donate to charities involving animals and almost never to human charities. Whatever it floats your boat I suppose ;)

Steady on there, chap!

Steady on there, chap!

try telling that to potr.

"Not donating money to charity should not be treated with scorn. Collecting shonky watches doesn't come with a financial obligation"

Not talking about money, here ,I am not scorning anyone , just bloody get involved.

"Forget about the "shonky watches"

I am talking about helping someone, who is desperate, with whatever means I can.

"Praise those who take part "

I have allready done that.

Instead of sucking eggs, people should try chewing them.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with that. :)

Thank you.

I admit that I am very upset with what I have heard from a few days ago.

My feelings and emotions got the better of me.

Sorry.

Offshore

I'll second that!

By an extension of the membership upgrade matching fund offer!

The cost of any new one-year membership over the weekend will be matched and sent to our friend.

It's the chance for those who haven't yet contributed to do so, while helping both the RWG forum and POTR.

I'm hoping to see some of our members take advantage of this offer over the Easter weekend.... :clap3:

Thank you.

I admit that I am very upset with what I have heard from a few days ago.

My feelings and emotions got the better of me.

Sorry.

That too is acceptable. No apology necessary. :)

If you hadn't PMed me, I wouldn't have known this was going on as I have been very busy the last week.

Proud of all of you guys, and thanks again TT for pointing me towards this cause.

Funny thing is, alot of times I see the same members (veteran) chipping in and stirring all the other members to the right direction. I'm truly amazed.

@ Capice ---special thanks to you my dutch friend 2x watches :)

Proud of all of you guys, and thanks again TT for pointing me towards this cause.

Funny thing is, alot of times I see the same members (veteran) chipping in and stirring all the other members to the right direction. I'm truly amazed.

@ Capice ---special thanks to you my dutch friend 2x watches :)

From the heart Chris, and I'm not a veteran here....;)

Thank you buddy, I hope you will have a lot of business here so you can participate in a lot of auctions and get some nice watches for us

Have a wonderfull Easter all