When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss HBB Black Magic

b16a2

Ok, first of all I am the first to admit I have never been attracted entirely to the HBB. However, after constant photo's from other memebrs, I came to like the watch, although I can say I would never have thought about buying one.

That is, untill I saw Repaustria having thie for trade. I at the same time had my gen Aerospace for sale, and offered the trade.

When it arrived all I could summon my brain to think was 'WOW'. The build of this watch is unbelievable, it is comparable to the Breitling and my SMP in terms of quality.

It comes with fully serviced Swiss built movement with added jewels for reduced friction, superlumed hands and some othe goodies that I forget without referring to an email I can't find at the moment. It runs very well, keeping similar time to my gen SMP.

It is the kind of watch that you look at your wrist for the sake of seeing your watcj, not to tell the time. I keep finding myself doing this!

The pictures;

24032008008.jpg

24032008009.jpg

24032008011.jpg

Group shot;

24032008020.jpg

I still believe that in some ways the rep hobby is at an impasse because the ceramic HBB's are so good that they're not likely to be eclipsed for a couple of years. They've already got a solid year under their belt as the best rep ever made, IMO.

I have to agree with this 100%

Quick question: What is the size of the band? Wondering if my 8" wrist would love an HBB or not.

I have a 7.5 wrist (roughly) and there is about .5 o an inch left. You could punch a couple more holes too, so should have no problems

If this were my watch, I would be looking for a way to engrave the rotor....

I'm on the case at the moment, trying to find a local engraver who could do the work

Yes that is what has been done here, but it isn't just a straight swap, and involved a lot of work going into it.I believe The Zigmeister only manufactured two of these and then stopped due to the labour and amount of parts that went into it.

Best rep ever made? I'd say its a far cry from that with all the movement differences visible. The case itself is done very nicely.

The best rep I've ever seen is the ferrari scuderia 008, as without a loupe there really is no tell on the watch. The case is 1:1 and even parts on it are replicated exactly. The AR even matches gen, I've compared them back to back and its scary...

I own both a HBB and the 008 and the 008 with an aftermarket strap I would be secure enough to walk into an AD with. The only thing I've been able to find is one minute tell on the clasp that 99/100 people would never notice.

I do believe that there is an XL gen band available that would probably go out to 8".

This swiss BM is incredible looking btw. I'm working on my Black Ice with a few tweaks to make it look a little more proper. I have 3 spare 7750s and was thinking about putting one in, but maybe not if its really that much trouble.....

BTW, does anyone know if The Zigmeister documented the issues he ran into doing this swap?

Edited by owdeguy

I have a 7.5 wrist (roughly) and there is about .5 o an inch left. You could punch a couple more holes too, so should have no problems

Damn you ! now I need to buy one :p

Thanks

for reference, I remove the half link of my SMP. that give an idea of the size.

Time to get on Angus's site and order the polished bezel.

Brushed is not on the gen.

Nor do they have decorated 7750 movements, but would you swap that for an undecorated one too?

HBB watches are very customizable, and you can get pretty much any combination, if you should so wish.

So I don't think it matters in the least....

Beautiful watch my friend.. Enjoy it :D

The best rep I've ever seen is the ferrari scuderia 008, as without a loupe there really is no tell on the watch. The case is 1:1 and even parts on it are replicated exactly. The AR even matches gen, I've compared them back to back and its scary...

I own both a HBB and the 008 and the 008 with an aftermarket strap I would be secure enough to walk into an AD with. The only thing I've been able to find is one minute tell on the clasp that 99/100 people would never notice.

I couldn't agree more.

The 008 is THE BEST REP EVER MADE. Period!

I am sure people can flesh out the detail, but I seem to remember that The Zigmeister's main issue apart from sheer man hours involved was that you needed 2-3 donor asian 7750's to complete the job.