When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

LV Sub

polexpete

Hi all,

Having seen w.genzo's fantastic Franken 16610 (great work Tribal) i thought i would get the camera out and show you what can be done with a slightly less accurate but still pretty good case.

I based it on a Joshua "perfect" sub simply because i brought one off of a member here a while back and didn't want to fork out 500 bucks on a WM9 just to pull it to bits.

Here's the run down

Josh "perfect" Sub case

Genuine LV dial

CG's reshaped

Rehaut polished

Crystal and date mag i replaced with what i had lying around

Genuine tube and Crown

Bracelet is a noob with Josh clasp sharp edges taken off and oiled, feels great

Bezel insert replaced with more accurate colour and watchmaster pearl

Noob datewheel

Also has a 3135 look-a-like 2836-2 movement

Thanks for looking

P.

post-3074-1206441703_thumb.jpg post-3074-1206441747_thumb.jpg post-3074-1206441990_thumb.jpg post-3074-1206442035_thumb.jpg

post-3074-1206442073_thumb.jpg post-3074-1206442148_thumb.jpg

post-3074-1206442107_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your comments guys!

The gen dial is actually too small for this case and the MBW case i have. It fits just inside the rehaut of both so the retaining ring inside centres the dial and then its locked down with the movement retaining tabs and screws. Wasn't sure if it was going to work, so much for MBW accepting gen parts...

Tribal, yeah i agree but i tried a few spare cyclops i had and i like the larger size. Dunno why Rolex downsized them, 2.5 is so much better (i think so anyway)...

Cheers

P.

Hi,

I was going for a similar project but were afraid of the alignment of the noob datewheel with the gen dial window: are there any problems? (and if there aren't, is it the same with standard non-LV noobs?)

Thanks for the help! :notworthy:

Hi,

No. The noob datewheel lines up perfectly throughout the numbers and i took this datewheel from a black Noobmariner from Trusty.

On the Josh "Perfect" the date mag is too far right so i changed the crystal to correct it for the gen dial.

Cheers

P.

• 2 weeks later...
WOW looks PERFECT to me!

Sure does!! Awesome job!

If bought that dial recently on the Bay, sorry to make you pay so much!! But, if it makes you feel better, the one I got a week later cost me $14 more! I'm going to try to throw my dial into an MBW case--when you tried yours in the MBW case did it look worse or the same as the "perfect" case? I know the Noob dial drops right into the MBW case, so I guess that would be a fallback, but I'd sure love to use the gen dial.

Wear that beauty well!