When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Rolex Sapphire Crystel

Edwin25

Guest porsche356a

Here is one for under $200. I dont know if it will have the coronet under the 6, but it is Genuine. Just remember that the xtal ref for Modern fullsize date models is 295c (C-for cyclops) So daytona would be 295. Hope this helps.

Item#150172597711 Plus they are within the ConUS. Good luck with your project. ;)

In the description it says:

"The gasket is not proper for a Submariner, but is proper for other gents datejust oyster models, such as case 16018 and gents Presidential models, such as 18038."

The other one at 250$ doesn't have a crystal gasket included..

Anyway.. you can use the rep gasket ;)

Guest porsche356a
In the description it says:

"The gasket is not proper for a Submariner, but is proper for other gents datejust oyster models, such as case 16018 and gents Presidential models, such as 18038."

The other one at 250$ doesn't have a crystal gasket included..

Anyway.. you can use the rep gasket ;)

Agreed, the rep gasket is fine.

If you are able to get a Rolex AD to sell you a crystal. It will be a replacement crystal and therefore will have a small "s" beside the etched coronet. The numbers you are getting are pretty much the going rate. I had a chipped sapphire on my gen DateJust and was quoted $350 US to replace it. I ordered an aftermarket crystal and gasket from Jules Borel for $38 and replaced it myself. It has no coronet etched on it but, for $312 difference, I could care less.

Here is one for under $200. I dont know if it will have the coronet under the 6, but it is Genuine. Just remember that the xtal ref for Modern fullsize date models is 295c (C-for cyclops) So daytona would be 295. Hope this helps.

Item#150172597711 Plus they are within the ConUS. Good luck with your project. ;)

hi porsche356a,

is the gen crystal thicker than what's in the rep? i hv a rep dj from joshua ; one of the things that i noticed is that the crystal is not very thick but i

don't have any gens to compare to. what's your knowledge about this?

thx.

rgds

Guest porsche356a
hi porsche356a,

is the gen crystal thicker than what's in the rep? i hv a rep dj from joshua ; one of the things that i noticed is that the crystal is not very thick but i

don't have any gens to compare to. what's your knowledge about this?

thx.

rgds

The gen Xtal sits about 1.8mm tall, 30.3mm overall width and 29.5mm wide at the base that sits on the case/gasket.

• 2 months later...

how about this:

take the glass out of a gen rolex. Put a broken (break the thing in half) rep glass on it and bring it back to the AD for a replacement. Just tell them that you broke the org glass and replaced it with a after market one years ago.

To bad...

Today i called almost every Rolex dealer in Holland :wacko: ... `no sir, we can

I ordered an aftermarket crystal and gasket from Jules Borel for $38 and replaced it myself. It has no coronet etched on it but, for $312 difference, I could care less.

Or you tell them that it is a gen crystal evident by the fact that the etched coronet it all but impossible to see proof that it is a gen

-Chris ;)

I picked up a gen crystal for $145 on E-bay (came with a gasket as well). It doesn't have the etched crown at 6, but since I have no intentions of having an AD examine the watch with a loupe, I didn't care.

It's installed on my WM9 sub and worked great (it actually sits a bit lower in the case than the original crystal did).

Here's another Rolex 295-C crystal, but it probably doesn't have the etched crown. I'm thinking this will go for around $75-100 USD. Maybe more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-GENUINE-SUBMARIN...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm with SportsRider and jdavis though, an etched crown is no big deal to me

Tnx mate!

I bid twice on the item of this seller and one time on en gen bezel... but the biddings always ends at the time i am sleeping...( 03:00 am EU time) .. so a bidder comes last minute and bids 1 usd more them what i was bidding ;(

I couldn