When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reintroducing Myself.

anton

Hello.

Let me re-introduce myself.

My name is Anton, and I've been on the rep forums for the better part of ten months. Nearly 700 posts later, I wanted to remind everyone about the wealth of information there is to be had and how constructive criticism and input has helped me become a better watch person and it has taken me to a much deeper level of collecting than what my membership in a certain Gen forum will provide.

In ten months I have gone from the "virgin" noob to someone who is emerging to the fray of modding/repair (purely speculation right now) and this is in large part to the fellow members here.

It's funny how being duped into buying a rep (thought it was a gen) and my complete distaste in them is what caused me to join the forum and read, read, read.

Now I'm considered to be a convert and see the reps not for the negative factor, but rather the positive attributes that they can offer.

But of course, I still stick to my mantra of vowing NOT to buy a rep Breitling, as I am a enthusiast.

And of course, joining a rep watch forum, at least for me, does come with its' downfalls. It may not sound like such a big deal, but I've made the mistake of telling my wife how the quality of the reps have changed over the years and now most people "couldn't tell the difference".

Over the past ten months, I've purchased five gens. The first words out of her mouth were "is it real?"

It gets annoying now.

But back to topic, without this forum, I probably would not have had been so deeply engrossed with watch collecting as I am now. And although I could give more back into the community, all I could give now is thanks being grateful for the kinds of members we have here.

A toast to the last ten months, and another toast to many, many more.

Indeed the information and expertese here out weighs alot of gen forums but the little book i have proves that the freindships i have made here are a wonderfull thing, those who also have a little book will know. RGW for ever!