When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fitna the Movie: Geert Wilders' film about the Quran (English)

Dani

I'll agree with this statement........Dani enough already please.

Ken

Ok no links then.

Lets discous this movie.

Cant see why we cant.

If i start a topic on buddisme it will not be shut down, humm strange..

Dani, as much as I love discussing religion, I don't think this is the place to do it.. As I mentioned before, the owner of this board does not like it, the mods don't like it, and we have to abide by their rules, as people have pointed out, this is not a place to freely discuss whatever we please.

Dani, as DemonSlayer has pointed out: Take the hint. Ken has already closed one thread on this topic, so I suspect he will close this one too. Are you trying to get yourself disciplined for going against moderator's wishes?

If people have no knowledge of this film, they cannot discuss it.

It is Geert Wilder's film about the Qur'an. And what? If you want to learn about the Qur'an, read the Qur'an. All you will get from reading books about the Qur'an, or watching films about the Qur'an, is information tainted with the personal biasses of the authors. If you read the Qur'an itself, there will be no 'outside opinions', just the text itself. If you wish to learn about the Qur'an, that would be my recommendation to you.

[Edit for spelling]

Are you determined to get suspended or banned? Seriously?

wow

yeah get banned for talking about a subject that is on every news paper in the vestern world.

i have not spoken one word about my own opinion to this movie.

but i see you guys have not a opinion to it or maybe just dont dear to talk about it.

let me just say this i see no reason for muslims to even think of this movie, the people that made it will not get more "support" based on this trust me its poorly made and to much based on fear not facts.

its more easy for bad people to show up in the spootlight then good people inn all walks of life.

Yeah ban me for talking about a news subject that is all over the web then i shoud have been banned loooooooong time ago :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dani, its not about talking about the news, its about talking specifically about religion. The mods on this board have rules, laid out by the Admin, we have rules laid out by the admin, and one of those rules, is that we are not allowed to talk about religion which will likely lead to a debate which gets out of hand.

I'm sure we're allowed to discuss anything else on the news, but not regarding politics or religion :D

Dani, its not about talking about the news, its about talking specifically about religion. The mods on this board have rules, laid out by the Admin, we have rules laid out by the admin, and one of those rules, is that we are not allowed to talk about religion which will likely lead to a debate which gets out of hand.

I'm sure we're allowed to discuss anything else on the news, but not regarding politics or religion :D

This is about more then religion its freedom of speech but its also religion so its on the border of the rules.

But i understand what you are saying this movie is geting censored all over so why not rwg.

Cheers

I appreciate your answer Dani, it might not be entirely about Islam and will likely have other elements in it, but the Mods don't have time to watch the film, and then make up their minds if they wish for it to be discussed on RWG or not ;) Anything which contains the words "Islam" "Quran" "Christianity" "God" and so forth is like a 'red alert' with alarms sounding :lol: and will raise red flags. If we don't agree with the methods used for moderating this board, we are more than welcome to leave and visit other boards where these matters are allowed to be discussed freely, and I respect that :)

This is a privately owned board with paid and unpaid membership. Free speech is not a consideration for us as we are members at the pleasure of our host and we must respect the rules of his house. This is not a matter of right or wrong or good or bad ... it is simply how it is.

Dani as I stated to you in PM....

[6] - Anything discussions regarding politics and/or religion in anyway will be closed or deleted unless determined to be pertinent by admins/mods.

[18] - RWG is NOT a place for free speech. We are all for free speech and we rarly censor out members, but ultimately this is a private community and we decide what is allowed to post and not.

[23] - Moderators and admins are allowed to edit/delete/move/close any posts they wish under reason. If you wish to question a decision, you should PM the moderator or admin in question and ask the reason.

And Bryan a bit of common sense please, The reason we don't allow these discussions is because of the bad blood they stir up.

Closed....for the last time!

Ken