When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beggining of the Week Wrist Check

lanikai

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received this today. It's pretty different from everything else I have. Angus offered to replace my problematic 111 but since I got a gen, I thought I'd give this a shot instead. It instantly makes me feel 10 years older...not sure if it'll grow on me or if I'll just put it up for sale. What do you guys think?

patek1.jpg

patek2.jpg

For some reason, I felt compelled to wear an SS watch today :huh:

I wasn't going to wear my Submariner, after wearing my 127, it's just too small, so I pulled the 111h out of storage. I do have plans to sell it on, but, the person's not been forthcoming with offers of the money, so I'll hang on to it till they do (please note, this is a private sale, I am not selling it on forum) When it is taken off my hands, having really enjoyed wearing it today, I think I'll get a 112h on SS, for when I feel thus compelled again. I also have plans for a 113 on SS, for certain occasions. Anyway, enough waffle, and sorry for no fresh pics, but, here it is...

57e473a0.jpg

45bd8c67.jpg

dd8f106e.jpg

That's right, this is the watch which has withstood heavy swimming into natural tides and artificial wave machines without even thinking about leaking. The only reason I'm selling it on, was when the movement was repaired, the watchsmith left dust under the crystal, and forgot (somehow) to replace one of the movement clamps (frakking idiot...) and by the time I got it back, I was wearing my 127, so didn't feel the need to keep it (until today) Before anyone starts having a hissy fit about the sale of a less than perfect watch, they've seen the dust, seen the missing clamp, but are still desperate to buy it. I probably won't even take half of what I bought it for, as, given it's condition, it just wouldn't be right, but, it's still in a wearable condition, keeps time at +2 secs per day, and to be honest, the dust is only noticeable on close scrutiny, not during 'regular wear'.

All it really took was my friend at the camera shop to go over ISO and F-stop functions.. putting it in real time explanation for me made it all common sense.. if I can do it.. (this was my first attempt) at lighting and manual settings.. your dog can do it... :lol: