When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EuroTimez 14kt TT Strap Test

EuroTimez

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently purchased this watch from a member here a couple of weeks ago. www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=35247&hl=

When set side by side with a mid 90's 16613 it was indistinguishable. I'm sure with a loop and some time a small difference or two could be determined, but, without one it's not. IF not for the difference in the caseback we might have inadvertantly switched them. I have NO idea where the original builder/owner sourced the parts and the band, but, this band is DEAD ON. I'm currently on the search for a 3035 movement! ;)

Edited by OI812

• 3 weeks later...
I can't speak for you, of course, and in pictures it would be impossile to accurately discern the color of anything but I can certainly instantly tell 14k gold from 18k, whether it's cheap-ass QVC jewlry on a chick's hand or a looking at a rolex rep or gen in person. Rolex's gold is really obvious. I believe rolex has a higher percentage of copper in their yellow gold, but who knows?

How can I tell? I don't know. I don't know if it's because my wife collects jewlery and I've been with her 100's of times @ flea markets and antique stores as she picks through a tray of gold jewelry and goes "10 karat, plated, 14 karat, filled, 18 karat, 14 karat, plated, 22 karat" or what, but they do look really different.

Swissqualitywatchez.com has a TT daytona with valjioux 7753 movement that goes for 1450, id like to believe that its solid crown, links, and bezel like they claim it is... but the cost is only 200 dollars more than they all SS daytona of the same type. Id love to buy one and then drill one of the links to see what i find.

Swissqualitywatchez.com has a TT daytona with valjioux 7753 movement that goes for 1450, id like to believe that its solid crown, links, and bezel like they claim it is... but the cost is only 200 dollars more than they all SS daytona of the same type. Id love to buy one and then drill one of the links to see what i find.

I checked that, and found exactly what was excepted: A typical scam site. Complete BS claims, and $200 reps selling for $1100. It's not the lowest grade of scam site, because it doesn't use gen pictures. Gotta give them that.

But if you believe their watches are solid gold, Swiss made, and have 904 steel... well... what can I say...

It's your money. But instead of throwing it away, I'd give it to charity.

Please!

pfft. its ALWAYS funny to see these scam sites claim that their pieces have 440 stainless steel, if only they knew 440 isnt even surgical grade where as 316L is...440 isnt even considered salt water worthy where as 316L is... Yet THEY ALL SAY 440... 440's good if youre selling replica swords or buying a new kitchen set of knives ; )

I checked that, and found exactly what was excepted: A typical scam site. Complete BS claims, and $200 reps selling for $1100. It's not the lowest grade of scam site, because it doesn't use gen pictures. Gotta give them that.

But if you believe their watches are solid gold, Swiss made, and have 904 steel... well... what can I say...

It's your money. But instead of throwing it away, I'd give it to charity.

Please!

OH Bloody hell. Isnt there ANYWHERE we can get a real solid gold two tone? Id KILL for one, I seriously would. EVEN IF IT HAD 10K that LOOKED like 18K, ID STILL BUY IT AND PAY TOP DOLLAR!!

I actually wrote swissqualitywatches an email asking if they could drill a link to prove the watch is solid gold, and then id buy it, or they could sell me one, and id drill it, and send it back if it wasn't, but they never wrote back.

But seriously, Im looking for a true high end rep, and paying 1000 and over is no big deal to me.

Edited by CGJ

OH Bloody hell. Isnt there ANYWHERE we can get a real solid gold two tone? Id KILL for one, I seriously would. EVEN IF IT HAD 10K that LOOKED like 18K, ID STILL BUY IT AND PAY TOP DOLLAR!!

I actually wrote swissqualitywatches an email asking if they could drill a link to prove the watch is solid gold, and then id buy it, or they could sell me one, and id drill it, and send it back if it wasn't, but they never wrote back.

But seriously, Im looking for a true high end rep, and paying 1000 and over is no big deal to me.

Did you read both of my TT Sub reviews?

I've handled the gen many times, and I swear the gold is very "believable" on both of them. Those middle links probably are low carat solid gold, "trumpet gold" or whatever... The gold will not wear off, as they're solid material (whatever it is)... not plated.

Review 1 and Review 2.

I'm sure two-tone reps won't get much better than that.

Did you read both of my TT Sub reviews?

I've handled the gen many times, and I swear the gold is very "believable" on both of them. Those middle links probably are low carat solid gold, "trumpet gold" or whatever... The gold will not wear off, as they're solid material (whatever it is)... not plated.

Review 1 and Review 2.

I'm sure two-tone reps won't get much better than that.

yeah ive read those... this is the same watch that eurotimez just had tested and concluded that he will not sell? Cuz if he is, Im sold, send me a link to his site. I'll buy it right now.

If top dollar is no big deal for you, maybe you can send Eurotimez an email to order it and pay a bit extra. If i remember correctly, the hassle of always having to check & test each watch individually was too time consuming and too costly. maybe if you can pay for that effort, you will have yourself the watch you wanted.

good luck my friend.

Cheers,

J.