When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen's New Pam 000 logo dial watch

vlydog

Guys please let me know as I can also post a scan of the pic of the paper work from my PAM AD, You guys are making me stress now! i wish I had consulted with you all before paying the AD to authenticate it.

Here is another shot:

DSC07948-1.jpg

Edited by asad

I'll admit that I opened the caseback on my 002D the day that I got it, just to satisfy my curiousity/worries. :blush:

There is something really cool about the squared bridges and grafitti decoration of the A-D series movements, IMO. They look really cool, I think!

Edited by peepshow

In your post about photoshopping it didn't sound that way. What was that about? Not tossing stones, just curious.

I'll let you experts discern the rest of the watch but I can confirm in Asad's original pic nothing was done on the watch dial to change the A's. The R still looks off, but that could easily be a series thing.

@Asad ...great looking watch but seems to have a few anomolies ....

What serial is it ?

Just L Swiss L dial would make it a very very early version (pre-G) and I was under the impression the crown guard was only the "flared" Pre-Vendome style

Caseback and movement will clarify and ease your doubts...

Don't take papers to mean anything ...I have Gen 082C and 004B papers but no gen watch of either..!!!

:fish:

Guys please let me know as I can also post a scan of the pic of the paper work from my PAM AD, You guys are making me stress now! i wish I had consulted with you all before paying the AD to authenticate it.

Here is another shot:

DSC07948-1.jpg

I'm not sure if you're being serious Asad - after all you posted a pic of this watch in your gen Panerai photo competition thread and called it a 'Teaser'. If you're still teasing that's fine but if you have bought this as a gen, I'm truly sorry but it's a fake / replica. (In my book, a fake is part of a fraud, where something is being sold as a gen, but a replica is an honest and open copy). Post Vendome Panerai did not EVER use an R with a straight leg like this.

If you are being serious and have been a victim lets see the caseback and movement. The movement should have the original style ETA bridges, no swanneck and CdG stripes, but the stripes are not the same as the decorated movements that are generally available. My gen 005 is at the Panerai Service centre at the moment but I can take pics of the movement when it returns.

Reps are for fun and not for scams.

Reps are for fun and not for scams.

Agreed. But I'm getting a vibe that Asad has been scammed, rather than he's scamming anyone, though. Listen peeps, you have to be seriously delusional to post a fake knowingly on 'Risti.

Unfortunately, as he reads this, his heart must be in his mouth. If you guys are right, he's dropped a wad on a fake. What makes it worse is that some heartless gen owner probably thinks it serves us all right too...

@Fishy: Hehe. Unfortunately, I think I missed that thread. Let me research!

@Fishy, followup: Wow. Okay, well that's suspect now, Asad. You have some 'splainin' to do...

In your post about photoshopping it didn't sound that way. What was that about? Not tossing stones, just curious.

Happy to explain:

I asked him how he fixed the a's on his dial, then looked at the pic zoomed and sharpened in photoshop and realized no work at all was done on the dial since that would have been easily discernable at 40X. Assuming the watch was a rep, I could only conclude that the A's crossbar was "fixed" in photoshop which would not be easily discernable if the clone tool was used, which is how I would have done it. So I wrote "never mind telling me I see how you did fixed the A's" not having much interest in fixing the A's in pictures of my reps. I guess I could have posted directly that I thought he photoshopped the A's, but I though that was clear in in my reply to PAMman's post. So...i can still confirm if the watch is a rep, it's been shopped. If it's gen it hasn't. Either way, I guarantee no A's have been fixed on the dial.

Happy to explain:

I asked him how he fixed the a's on his dial, then looked at the pic zoomed and sharpened in photoshop and realized no work at all was done on the dial since that would have been easily discernable at 40X. Assuming the watch was a rep, I could only conclude that the A's crossbar was "fixed" in photoshop which would not be easily discernable if the clone tool was used, which is how I would have done it. So I wrote "never mind telling me I see how you did fixed the A's" not having much interest in fixing the A's in pictures of my reps. I guess I could have posted directly that I thought he photoshopped the A's, but I though that was clear in in my reply to PAMman's post. So...i can still confirm if the watch is a rep, it's been shopped. If it's gen it hasn't. Either way, I guarantee no A's have been fixed on the dial.

But WHY photoshop a pic to fix the As??? What is the point of that??? I thought the whole point is to mod your rep watch as close to gen as possible... and NOT mod a PICTURE of your rep....

Asad mentioned that he modded the As the way The Zigmeister converted Ls to Ts ....... comments anyone???

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=71661

But WHY photoshop a pic to fix the As??? What is the point of that???

Who knows?

What I can say is the dial pictured in this thread has been either shopped, has had nothing done to it because it's gen, or it represents the most amazing mod job I've ever seen, bar NONE, with exactly the same "bleed" on the crossbars as on the rest of the letters. I've used the "zoom and sharpen" techique for years to judge the quality of lume jobs lume jobs, DW printing, etc and I've looked closely at many examples of The Zigmeister's masterwork on markers and l-swiss-l's. As good as The Zigmeister's work is (undetectable even at 2x or 3x usually) it's impossible to paint a screen printed dial without the changed parts looking clearly different at high magnifications.

Who knows?

What I can say is the dial pictured in this thread has been either shopped, has had nothing done to it because it's gen, or it represents the most amazing mod job I've ever seen, bar NONE, with exactly the same "bleed" on the crossbars as on the rest of the letters. I've used the "zoom and sharpen" techique for years to judge the quality of lume jobs lume jobs, DW printing, etc and I've looked closely at many examples of The Zigmeister's masterwork on markers and l-swiss-l's. As good as The Zigmeister's work is (undetectable even at 2x or 3x usually) it's impossible to paint a screen printed dial without the changed parts looking clearly different at high magnifications.

Also, is that the gen he has it pictured next to the rep in the other thread? Notice the low A's? If one is gen and the other a fixed-A's rep, wouldn't they both have good A's?

I can't believe I'm writing about the A crossbar on some guy's watches I don't really care about. :lol: Can someone shoot me now?

can we just get back to my original question?

Check my post in the middle of the first page. DSN's 000 has bad dial details, bad crown details and bad crown guard details as compared to the gen.

As compared to other reps, it will have better lume, sometimes better crown guard fit, and pretty good crystal.

Hope this helps.

• 3 years later...

Dial is another classic DSN - some things better .....some things worse. - text / logo / lume colour / thickness etc...

More concerning for me is the case set ....if this is the 201A case (the CG is the same) then the crown is not central within the guard (or the guard does not sit central over the crown) making winding uncomfortable and uneven

Also the height of the bezel and 2 screw lug bars is going to be so wrong on an 000 base.

In the end it's a rep and 10% of the cost of a gen.

DSN's service has always been good IMHO and he is genuinely a watch enthusiast....but not enough to get this "simple" dial 100% correct.

fish.gif

i am looking to buy a pam000, which maker i should take?

noob, h-maker, or Davidsen?

and can you educate me how to modified it to look really real?

and how much i need to pay for it?

my email is nomis3@ymail.com