When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK APROO with Hornback Straps --any interest?!

EuroTimez

I had alot alot of questions for the MBK hornback Aproo.

I quoted a price at 800 usd shipped (as the price I buy it in is very very expensive IMO) well just a hornback strap is find on the internet at 400-500 usd. This price is also very high as I have to insure that the packages arrives at the clients door. So I had to take that into consideration. If any packages get confiscated (and it is prove-able I would send them a new one, so at 800 usd it would be pretty safe and I would keep a fair precentage). This price however seems to be to much for most members.

So I

Edited by EuroTimez

Eurotimez@

can you garante this straps are ok under the cites law?

and not some Thai or Chinese dudes out hunting endangerd crocs so we can get cheaper croc straps.

your not seriously asking if he can guarontee that a fake watch is legal :)

cmon - this is china, they shoot prisoners and sell the bodies to embalmers to make money by putting them on display all chopped up - A very interesting exhibit actually -

cmon :) they would make them out of bald eagle if they could make an extra 3 bucks :)

haven't you watched the fake trade movie ? were all supporting slavery, beatings, gun runners :)

your not seriously asking if he can guarontee that a fake watch is legal :)

cmon - this is china, they shoot prisoners and sell the bodies to embalmers to make money by putting them on display all chopped up - A very interesting exhibit actually -

cmon :) they would make them out of bald eagle if they could make an extra 3 bucks :)

haven't you watched the fake trade movie ? were all supporting slavery, beatings, gun runners :)

Yeah so becasue of that i shoud not ask or try to be a good person and try avoid such products?

Not all of China is bad and this straps may be from some other country for all we now.

Dear Friend:

Glad to hear we've Hornback strap group buy finally!!

I need two :

1.) Black colour with white stitch for my MBW APROO BLK safari

2.) Blac colour with yellow stitch for my Puretime AP EoD.

Is it still possible a small discount for this?.....

Best Regards,

Raymond

Cool so there is an interest, about the hornback strap, all I know when talking to MBK that there is only one and its not from Thailand or China btw (if I'm not mistaken that's what I got out our conversation), that makes these straps.

I have no idea about the cites law and all that, what do you think MBK would say if I asked him that question?!?

I doubt that they're endangered species as he gets them handmade anytime, so I don't think that when he calls his supplier or hornstrap maker that he going out hunting. Thailand (the main part) is very modern nowadays it's not a jungle out there.

These are gen-crocodile straps that's all I know, AP also makes the same straps hornback straps. Panerai makes crocodile straps (not hornback) we have all kind of genuine leather straps on the forum, I didn't knew it was a problem for people to wear leather. Or am I missing the point...

@ Arminvanbuuren, it would be about 500-575 usd incl shipping. Same as the SS version.

Endlinks are MBK Quality, how do you want me to describe it ;) MBK seems to be pretty darn good!

I'm not sure if they have Blue Hornback straps I haven't seen them there, but I'll ask tonight/tomorrow I think coz the boss gonna call me for some other things we're working out.

Being that I have an import license with the US Fish and Wildlife Service and I have imported Alligator, Ostrich etc.. I will tell you you will go to jail if caught bringing this in without a Cites permit which takes about 60 days to get. You might get slapped on the wrist for a rep, but you will get to go to jail for the strap.

Birdman

Being that I have an import license with the US Fish and Wildlife Service and I have imported Alligator, Ostrich etc.. I will tell you you will go to jail if caught bringing this in without a Cites permit which takes about 60 days to get. You might get slapped on the wrist for a rep, but you will get to go to jail for the strap.

Birdman

This shouldn't affect EU members if he is shipping from within EU... don't know where that leaves Norway though... or the Antipodes.

This shouldn't affect EU members if he is shipping from within EU... don't know where that leaves Norway though... or the Antipodes.

If you like to support illegal trading whit wildlife go a head yes eu/eu is no risk.

cites laws shoud be thaken serious....

If you like to support illegal trading whit wildlife go a head yes eu/eu is no risk.

cites laws shoud be thaken serious....

Isn't that American law? I don't think they should have jurisdiction over the EU. Or anywhere outside their borders ;)

I think the law we are talking about is also agreed with most countries world wide and is to stop the trade of exotic skins woods ect, gen strap will be made from hide that has been approved, proberbly from the same farm and animal but they have a licence! I am 100% sure that is you shipped this through german customs they would want a little chat with you! :lock:

Have a read here

But the chances once they are in the EU are good