When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom 177

subzero1

So, had a DSN 082 that I never wore. I mean it looked cool and all, but the blue dial somehow didn't every fit with what I was wearing or my mood, so it sat in the watch box almost always. So much so, that I was on the verge of just selling it. But, I decided to see if I could salvage something from it instead.

I had an old 111H black dial from another DSN watch, with pretty wide and shallow cutouts for the numbers. It really is not accurate for current PAMS (which is why I swapped it out of my 111H a while back). But I always liked how bold and 'old school' it looked. So in it went. And I kept the black subdial seconds hand from the 082, which combined with the black dial and black hour and minute hands really makes the watch very rugged and military looking. Of course, crystal has double AR coating from chieftang. I think it looks great, a perfect look for old-style panerai:

Wristshots073-1.jpg

Wristshots074-1.jpg

Wristshots075.jpg

Wow, Sub, that's ridiculous. Streamlined/updated classics are a personal favorite. Some day my next project will be a 60's mustang fastback with OEM parts, except rims and tires. Preserve the beauty and integrity of the classic parts, and swap out something that's not permanent with a modern upgrade. very nice