When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Offshore and Others Make RWG THE Place to Be

Toadtorrent

I just have to say, that I haven't been here on this forum for very long, but in that time I think I've accumulated a huge amount of knowledge due to generous folks spending time on this forum posting great informtion making RWG an exciting and useful place to be.

I've started from having a cheap $20 Canal St type rep to having a few of the best reps ever made, and having the knowledge to spot rep flaws, and even do a little maintenance and tinkering around with the watches. I've learned about tools, parts, modding, etc.

Recently, in my experimenting I screwed up a gasket on a watch and posted a question about gasket sizes. In typical RWG fashion, Offshore asks me for a few measurements, and then proceeds to pop a couple in the mail from Australia to Canada.

No payment accepted...nothing. All he asked was I keep being a positive contributing member to the forum.

If that's not class...nothing is.

So, to Offshore, the other mods, admins and uber-members of all sorts...a big Thanks, Mahalo or whatever for making this place awesome...and helping turn this Newb into less of a Newb.

so dumb that there are 4 different good replica watch forums out there.. all of which have at least a 50% share in the user base with each other, maybe more. I know they would never be consolidated, but it is rather annoying. :/

I think it's a good thing. There are different forums for different personalities and interests. If everyone only had one to choose from, I don't think the dynamic would be the same.

I consider it like a neighbourhood having a number of restaurants serving the same food. The same people might frequent some of them...but each resto will have a personality that matches better with the clientele's personality so regulars will create an ambiance that is the signature of that resto...or in this case, the forum.

No payment accepted...nothing. All he asked was I keep being a positive contributing member to the forum.

Best keep up positively contributing then. :D

Although I asked the moderator "By-Tor" a question some days ago and never received an answer...

Was it about one of his guides in which he said "Don't PM Me"?

I used to get a lot of PMs that should in all honesty have been asked in the forum, but since I changed my signature text, I've got a lot less. :)

so dumb that there are 4 different good replica watch forums out there.. all of which have at least a 50% share in the user base with each other, maybe more. I know they would never be consolidated, but it is rather annoying. :/

Similar thinking as Toadtorrent, in that many members I've seen, including myself, display different personality traits in each of the different forums as that community will warrant. I then can choose where I feel most comfortable having exchanges with particular members since they will display a behavior that best suits my mood at the time, snarky or civilized.

I will add, Offshore is a great contributing member in any of the forums he has frequented.