When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why should I care anymore?

rodwc

When digital cameras first came out , I thought ( and still do ) they were wonderful.

I first bought a 2 mp camera and very soon outgrew it.

I then went for an early Nikon ( 5 mp ) turned out to be not much better.

However, one Sat. morning, camera still on kitchen bench , I looked out the window and saw something

strange.

A young male walked into my neighbours property, knocked on the door, went round the far side, came back and climbed over the driveway fence.

I got my new camera ready, turned the flash off, and waited.

I also rang 000 to inform the police of a burglary in progress, they had the cheek to ask if I had approached this person,

WTF.

Then the burglar climbed back over the gate, SNAP , ( your on candid camera), got another one of him walking out the driveway , then another walking up the street. ( turned out he nicked a laptop computer.)

The police never came to my place, just rang back later to say a person had been caught, and asked if I saw anything.

I stated , better than that , I have the bloke on camera, I actually had to take a cd. with the images on down to the police station .

Fair credit , a detective called on me later that evening to thank me for my public spirit.

The neighbours, they never even acknowledged anything had happened, not even a thanks mate, here have a drink, kiss my bum or anything.

I just came across the images , which prompted me write this.

So for my public spirit now,( with anything like this ) no thanks , sort it yourself.

As for the neighbours, in my opinion they are a pond life.

Since welcoming them when they moved in , ( 6 years ago ) they have never said BOO to me.

See if I care sunshine.!

Ain't that a [censored]! Life's a [censored]! Your neighbor is a [censored]! Sorry to say! But we can't have this mongrels ruin our kindred spirit! They're an exception!

Kudos to you and keep on being a nice and decent human being!

Well Rod console yourself with the knowledge that had you not helped to identify him he may have hit a few more houses in your street, even yours, so stuff the ungrateful neighbour and think of it as a community service.

Ken

I really struggle to get my head around some peoples behaviour. My next door neighbour hasn't spoken to me for about 4 months now. Why? Who knows. He has cycles of over friendliness followed by months of ignorance. We have a shared driveway and recently I must have parked over his side slightly as now EVERYDAY he parks his car right up to the middle of the drive. I know it is childish but I am going to retaliate. I sing in a band of a weekend and it is time for the bands bus to start parking on my drive me thinks (right up to the middle of course) Why cant we all just get along?

So many of these minor things , turn out to be so childish and immature.

OK. society has changed drastically over the past 5 years or so, people are so busy, with work, bringing up family,

day to day life, but for heavens sake what has happened to the basics ?

If people havn`t even got time, "to smell the roses" anymore................

All this is really SAD to see.

When digital cameras first came out , I thought ( and still do ) they were wonderful.

I first bought a 2 mp camera and very soon outgrew it.

I then went for an early Nikon ( 5 mp ) turned out to be not much better.

However, one Sat. morning, camera still on kitchen bench , I looked out the window and saw something

strange.

A young male walked into my neighbours property, knocked on the door, went round the far side, came back and climbed over the driveway fence.

I got my new camera ready, turned the flash off, and waited.

I also rang 000 to inform the police of a burglary in progress, they had the cheek to ask if I had approached this person,

WTF.

Then the burglar climbed back over the gate, SNAP , ( your on candid camera), got another one of him walking out the driveway , then another walking up the street. ( turned out he nicked a laptop computer.)

The police never came to my place, just rang back later to say a person had been caught, and asked if I saw anything.

I stated , better than that , I have the bloke on camera, I actually had to take a cd. with the images on down to the police station .

Fair credit , a detective called on me later that evening to thank me for my public spirit.

The neighbours, they never even acknowledged anything had happened, not even a thanks mate, here have a drink, kiss my bum or anything.

I just came across the images , which prompted me write this.

So for my public spirit now,( with anything like this ) no thanks , sort it yourself.

As for the neighbours, in my opinion they are a pond life.

Since welcoming them when they moved in , ( 6 years ago ) they have never said BOO to me.

See if I care sunshine.!

You did the right thing.

Just because they didn't is no reason to sink to their level of disconnection and indifference towards others - in fact, that would in some way only validate the correctness of their miserable attitude.

Keep doing what you know is right.

And the next time someone pulls up with a whole moving van into their driveway and proceeds to empty their place while they're on holiday, be sure offer the guys a cold beer! Oh, and don't bother with the camera.

Sorry to hear... but that's my experience here in the land of Oz too... Laziness and self centeredness is abound.

Maybe I'm ignorant about the way the rest of the world has become since moving here, but I was so surprised at the attitude when I came here from New Zealand and before that, the US...

So sad... but it's a breath of fresh air to see and hear about the few left like you :)

That's a true shame Rod, but just keep on being a fine human being, rise above the muck that's out there.

Just think what the world would be like if there were a lot more like you.

Keep doing your good deeds, trust it will be returned to you in many ways and from perfect strangers. One shouldn't always be looking for direct recognition for good things you do as you may then receive recognition for bad things you do in life. Its a circle, you should care for your fellow human beings.

"The philosophical explanation of karma can differ slightly between traditions, but the general concept is basically the same. Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to him/her and others. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala." - Wikepedia

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, if your ever in my neck of the woods... the first rounds on me!

This is EXACTLY the problem with society today... I thought this was mostly an American issue, but apparently it goes beyond our borders. INDIFFERENCE... People just dont care enough to be thoughtful any longer.

Your a good man... Dont change that!

In the "me" World we live in today.. people are so into self .. that it is becoming the norm for people to be apethitic.. but what you did restores faith in Mankind R. .... so know ath there are people in the World who give a $hit that you did what you did...

Ya dun good man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****GGGGGGGGGG**

It's sad, but you are right. Very few people have the decency to even say a simple thank you anymore.

I have 4 children, and they know if they don't say thank you I will beat that a$$. I am doing my part to teach them that sometimes a thank you is a great gift to give as it is a rare occurrence that one hears this anymore. Some people just have no manners.

Keep your chin up my friend and kill em with kindness.