When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer with Plexiglass

bwhitesox

Well I waited and I waited for my Navi crystal to come back from Chief and was so excited when it arrived I took it straight down to my local watch lady for her to install this for me.

Got the call and was disappointed to hear that she had problems installing it but she did manage to install a spare plexiglass one that she thought would like good.

I'm not so sure that I like it all that much to be honest..Interested to know what your thoughts are on this.?

IMGP0844.jpg

IMGP0846.jpg

IMGP0847.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

If the crystal came out of the watch, how did having it AR'd change the way it fit? Is it possible a mix-up occurred? I would appreciate the effort, but the crystal just isnt wright. (IMHO)

So you have a freaking awesome Navi rep with gen calf, gen dial, lello date wheel and..... plexiglass? I couldn't live with that. Please make sure the ARed crystal fits! Great project BTW.

Edited by Rolexman

You didn`t say if the crystal was saphire or mineral.

If it was saphire , replacing that ,( especially after being AR`d ) with plexi is like putting a wellington boot on ,instead of a latex condom .

I realise that not everybody is willing to work on reps., but this is a crystal re-placement, not a movement overhaul.

Start looking and asking around for other watchmakers willing to look at reps.

Sounds like incompetence to me.

The crystal is actually perspex...Maybe plexiglass isn't the right term for it.

You guys are right, With all the mods on this one it would be a shame to not put the Chief AR coated crystal on it.

Plexiglass is the correct term for it . ( it`s the modern term )

Perspex , when all is said and done, is plastic, still the same thing.

Please , persevere , and go back to the AR coated crystal, this watch and you deserve it.