When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

could this be a good case?

llsteve80

I asked the seller of this item (ebay #290227613887) the ? already, but no answer yet.

It might be a 1501 case b/c of the caseback, but if I remember correctly, some other models came with casebacks that said a different model # than the case?

So if it is a 1501, is that the midsize? I know they are 2mm smaller than the 16XXX, but would they look to small on a man?

the dial is form a datejust (36mm) -

in the caseback i read 1601 = 36 mm

so it looks like the normal mans model -

if the bracelet is all original and still wearable the price is a steal ;)

cheers,

Frank

the dial is form a datejust (36mm) -

in the caseback i read 1601 = 36 mm

so it looks like the normal mans model -

if the bracelet is all original and still wearable the price is a steal ;)

cheers,

Frank

I used that case to do one Air-king , pay attention at the bracelet, it's 19mm .

I used that case to do one Air-king , pay attention at the bracelet, it's 19mm .

:blink: Airking = 34 mm -

the bracelet for 1601 should be 20 mm - where do you see 19 mm ?

cheers,

Frank

edit : okay i get it : best to ask the seller if its 1501 (34mm) or 1601 (36mm)

I'm with Kelster, it's a 1601 case, 36mm, 20mm ends and a black pie-pan dial. I don't think a Datejust dial will fit in a 1500 series case, but I'm not 100% on that.

Also don't know what ETA movement will fit in there, 2824, 2836, or 2892. Putting a 1570(5) Rolex movement in there wouldn't be cost effective IMO. You can buy those watches for $1250-1500 in tact.

Also don't know what ETA movement will fit in there, 2824, 2836, or 2892. Putting a 1570(5) Rolex movement in there wouldn't be cost effective IMO. You can buy those watches for $1250-1500 in tact.

Best movement option would be an ETA 2846. slower beat rate is closer to 1570 sweep. And the stem should line up nicely with the tube. You will just need a movement holder to hold it securely in the case.

The bracelet does not look legit to me & I would want to see the model & serial number engravings between the lugs before trusting this 1.

can you elaborate? what do you see specifically wrong with the band? If the band is not original then this is too expensive

can you elaborate? what do you see specifically wrong with the band? If the band is not original then this is too expensive

i think he means the clasp -

here is a gen 2 compare :

CIMG2457.jpg

but this "made in USA" bracelets are not the best quality.

cheers,

Frank

I don't have a problem with the bracelet myself. Like Kelster, I agree that the USA Rolex bracelets (actually any Rolex bracelet from the 50's, 60's and 70's) can be pretty flimsy. I'd figure this case etc., as mid 70's- after they stopped engraving a date on the inside of the caseback.

I'm not going to go for it. It's been over 24 hrs and no reply from the seller, and freddy says the band looks suspicious, and I dont want a jubilee anyway. I would have just listed the band back up, but not if it means risking selling rep stuff as gen on ebay.

Someone at work has a pie pan dial datejust, it has the jubilee on it and is super flimsy. Really stretched out too. If I wanted I could take the caseback off w/o removing the band thats how loose it is. Those old bracelets really are different. It actually feels fake if you don't understand it is vintage.