When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

There are days...

By-Tor

The white dial EXP II was one of my first online rep purchases about 8 or so years ago... actually it was my second... it was a "swiss case, Japanese movement" or whatever silly wording they used back then... for only $550 :black_eye: It was a horrid rep.. WORST crown guards ever.. bad crown.. 1x date mag.. very thin bracelet.. The watch was very well made and good quality, but just incredibly wrong... but the dial is freekin amazing! I love that glossy white with super sharp black printing. Its just a super CLASSY sport watch. I still have this watch and it will be redone and modded one day for sure.

dizz

ExpII is kinda "underdog" in the watch community. Most people are only interested in Sub and Daytona. ExpII has never gotten much attention.

I think it's a brilliant watch, especially the white version. It has similar understated charm and class as the white Daytona. I find it really beautiful and unique watch. Let's hope the rep makers make a decent white dial one of these days.

Thanks all, I appreciate the comments!

You know I agree with you By-Tor. I think both EXP II and the GMT II are often overlooked in leui of the Subs, SD's, and Tona's. The EXP II has always been my favorite watch. In fact searching for a good replica EXP II and GMT II is what first landed me on the forums.

Thanks Maciek. I thought you had one of these... in black. Why oh why did you sell it man? The correct hand stacks are so difficult to find now... and yours was almost perfect. :)

@TA: Your black looks fantastic as well. Is that from our friend dluddy? Enjoy! :)

Guest Sql_pl

Yes Bytor, I actually had two of these, both in black but both are long gone now.

When I look at your pics I really feel white dial is the way to go.

Will be checking out ebay for gen dial like yours and if I find one I think I will get a rep to put it in. Hope it will fit. If not then I will wait to recover from the 16520 expense and go for a gen.

There was one gen for sale here a couple of weeks ago... for what I paid for just a case for my Franken.... oh well, Daytona has always been my dream watch... Explorer will have to wait :)

ExpII is kinda "underdog" in the watch community. Most people are only interested in Sub and Daytona. ExpII has never gotten much attention.

I think it's a brilliant watch, especially the white version. It has similar understated charm and class as the white Daytona. I find it really beautiful and unique watch. Let's hope the rep makers make a decent white dial one of these days.

Thanks all, I appreciate the comments!

Indeed. It is a great watch. I'm not sure if I'm ready to embark down the path of making Franken's yet...so I'm a little hesitant to get this one right now.

Will be checking out ebay for gen dial like yours and if I find one I think I will get a rep to put it in. Hope it will fit. If not then I will wait to recover from the 16520 expense and go for a gen.

I wonder how many items like this have the final prices raised 6x or more due to aggressive bidding between members of this forum?

:D

Love the watch ... why u might think ;)

as its my first gen rolex ... all do i own it i don't have it yet it feels good im excited as a guy can be but need to calm down and rationalize thinking in order to receive it safe and sound ...

Great picture as always mr. BT

Regards Laz

I wonder how many items like this have the final prices raised 6x or more due to aggressive bidding between members of this forum?

:D

You know I've always wondered as I bid on stuff like that on the bay if I'm bidding against forum members.

Love the watch ... why u might think ;)

as its my first gen rolex ... all do i own it i don't have it yet it feels good im excited as a guy can be but need to calm down and rationalize thinking in order to receive it safe and sound ...

Great picture as always mr. BT

Regards Laz

Thanks Laz!

Remember to post a lot of pics when you receive your gen. :)