When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what will you say?

putra

what are you going to say if there someone ask you "is your watch a replica?". what kind an answer to convince her/him that your watch is genuine?. because most everyone ask to me like that and sometime i feel shy if i say my watch is replica.hehehe

i have done it once and it was on an education we were at a dinner the same day and i was wearing my VAC 111H behind my table there was my boss and some WW Sales people one of them wearing a gen roli ...

he said nice 111h my fried has the same one i accepted the compliment and that was that safe to assure if he asked me i would present it as a gen as i had no other choice or idea at that moment in time ...

lucky for me it did not come to that .... other then this experience pretty much all people that know me and asked me know my watches are reps ...

Laz

If someone says "Nice watch", I just say thanks. If they ask if it's real, I tell them it's a replica. If they are offended by that, that's their gig, not mine. I'm perfectly capable of deciding what is and is not morally acceptable to me, thanks just the same. ;)

what are you going to say if there someone ask you "is your watch a replica?". what kind an answer to convince her/him that your watch is genuine?. because most everyone ask to me like that and sometime i feel shy if i say my watch is replica.hehehe

This have been discussed before......ahhhhh, Search?

Wrap the watch round your fist like a knuckle-duster, smack them hard round the jaw, then yell "Did that feel fake to you, b1tch?!?!?!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm joking, of course ;)

As above, if someone simply says "Nice watch..." Then a "Thanks..." Is all that's required. If They're asking if it's fake to try and ridicule you in public, that's when you can always ask "What makes you think that?" and get them to cite points. Of course, if it's a genuine enquiry, then it doesn't hurt to explain that it's a replica of XYZ watch.

As Pugwash pointed out before when this topic came up: No matter if someone is making a lucky guess, being a jerk or genuinely interested, at the end of the day, they are right: The watch is a replica, and to claim otherwise would be a lie.

Welcome to the party :)

Why would you say your rep is a gen when they specifically ask is it's a replica? Nothing to gain there...

But as long as people don't ask, I won't tell it's a rep - except for my close friends who see a different watch on my wrist every time and might think that I can afford to buy them drinks all the time :)

You could make a fake receipt and carry it in your wallet. In fact you could make up a fake repair service receipt from an authorized dealer. Then if anyone asks you if it is fake you could pull out the receipt and say, "No it is genuine and I have the receipt for servicing from the dealer, so clearly this must be genuine, here look, no, no, here, LOOK at it, no, you're not reading it...LOOK AT IT!!!!"

Always works for me.

At my age almost everyone will think its fake even if its real except fellow watchgeeks so i realy don't cear what other people think about my watches i buy and use what i like if someone thinks bad about me for wearing a rep then to bad for them..

As to the question of telling people its a rep i sure do, i dont like to lie to people i have just meet for such simpel thing as a watch.

If someone had asked me is that your bike after going 160mph on the highway then i might say 'uhh what bike officer?' :p

Say this....

"Ya its real....but im not sure if I should have bought it because every time somebody notices it they ask me if its a fake."

That will shut up your average bonehead who does not have the common decency to understand that he is being rude....

IMHO....I believe that you should lie about your replicas....that is part of the hobby....trying to pull it off....

If it is a friend or someone that you are close to then ya....dont lie....otherwise feed em full of crap....lol

NS

I always ask them why they think it's a fake. If they have specific observations that are correct, a discussion usually follows that leaves them more facinated with the world of high end replicas than they imagined they could be. If they are questioning its status because every nice watch on a guy who drives a Chevy must be a fake, I'm usually aloof and vague.

9 times out of 10, responding with "You think this is a fake?" backs them off often saying "It's real? No kidding!"

I would probably look at the other twenty topics about this very subject on this very forum to try and find the most appropriate reply..

Sounds like you've graduated from innocent newbie to grouchy old vet Corgi ;)

Not that I'm any better than anyone else (I am but....) I alway try to be sympathetic to newbie questions. The search function here isn't always the friendliest tool and I come from a long cyber history on woodworking discussion boards. I was one of the originals 12 years ago on the old American Woodworker Magazine site and it's founders current incarnation at woodcentral.com. I can't ever remember the question "Who has the best router" recieving the frat house hazing treatment similar questions get here.

Just a rant....don't mean to start a row :rolleyes: