When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bye Bye Aussie.....

migiandone

i think that aus soccer wont progress very far, as it just has too many obstacles in domestic sport. league, union, afl, cricket are all on top. i just couldnt see any quality in the aus side, they had so much possession, yet they could not create a clear cut chance. sterjovski and culina on the right really disappointed me, they never ran at the defenders, they would run down the line, turn back, then pass back. viduka, for me, is just 2nd rate. granted, is he brilliant in holding the ball up, but that should be expected of a guy that size. cahill played too far forward, and kewell was sorely missed. aus needed that spark and creativity.

as for the penalty, it was the ref's right to call it as a penalty. neill commited himself far too early, which is fatal. why couldnt he just sit back and track grosso?? he was lucky that the tackle didnt take him down, and nearly every single player in that situation, 10 men, 3 subs used, 93rd min would milk the situation presented to him. so can't fault him

but the socceroos have shown the heart and commitment that is synonymous with aus sport! just hope some new young players are able to come through the ranks

i think that aus soccer wont progress very far, as it just has too many obstacles in domestic sport. league, union, afl, cricket are all on top. i just couldnt see any quality in the aus side, they had so much possession, yet they could not create a clear cut chance. sterjovski and culina on the right really disappointed me, they never ran at the defenders, they would run down the line, turn back, then pass back. viduka, for me, is just 2nd rate. granted, is he brilliant in holding the ball up, but that should be expected of a guy that size. cahill played too far forward, and kewell was sorely missed. aus needed that spark and creativity.

as for the penalty, it was the ref's right to call it as a penalty. neill commited himself far too early, which is fatal. why couldnt he just sit back and track grosso?? he was lucky that the tackle didnt take him down, and nearly every single player in that situation, 10 men, 3 subs used, 93rd min would milk the situation presented to him. so can't fault him

but the socceroos have shown the heart and commitment that is synonymous with aus sport! just hope some new young players are able to come through the ranks

Fair enough. One hope for Australian football is the move to the Asian qualifying groups, and cup competitions for domestic teams. At least this way there doesn't have to be four years between drinks.

The domestic league has scored a massive own goal with the move to Fox Sports - they need exposure not dollars. Foxtel is shite, and most people know that (and don't receive it).

The domestic inter-code bunfight will be interesting. Ch 7, 9 and 10 are very much tied up in the the success of sport on television. They help to entrench cricket, NRL and AFL. But they also have interesting problems with audiences splintering...

The Tunisian returns! :lol:

Yeah and I gave them my support but alas........they weren't that good. Jaziri getting sent off in the last game killed it for them.

I'm back and then off in a day or two.

Whilst I was away a close aunt (she's only 54 years old) who has been ill for some time has taken a turn for the worse (lung cancer) and is now on morphine infusion. She has been asking for me and so I'm off to London in a day or two to see her.

The holiday already seems a long time gone.

JTB

Guy's you played a very very good game!!! Im soooo impresed by this country!!! Give it a few more years and you are there!!!

The Italians onely had luck ysterday and that bugs me... I hate that focking team so much and it pisses me of just wrighting the country name!!!

FORZA AUSTRALIA!!! You will be in my heart for ever!!!

//robi

:1a::bleh::bye1::clap2::thumbsupsmileyanim::harp::icecream::kicking::punk::yahoo:

I'm back and then off in a day or two.

Whilst I was away a close aunt (she's only 54 years old) who has been ill for some time has taken a turn for the worse (lung cancer) and is now on morphine infusion. She has been asking for me and so I'm off to London in a day or two to see her.

The holiday already seems a long time gone.

JTB

Obviously that's not so cool - :(

Take it easy down in London.

(kind of wish I'd read that before my most recent new topic - foot in mouth)

(kind of wish I'd read that before my most recent new topic - foot in mouth)

No problem at all my friend. I've seen the Death Clock thingy before. Amusing concept.

God forbid if it actually worked. There's something to be said for not knowing although in my aunt's case it's heartbreaking to watch her suffering so much towards the inevitable.

JTB

No problem at all my friend. I've seen the Death Clock thingy before. Amusing concept.

God forbid if it actually worked. There's something to be said for not knowing although in my aunt's case it's heartbreaking to watch her suffering so much towards the inevitable.

JTB

Well obviously that is the most terrible thing about terminal diseases - folk wasting away so that they're not even 'themselves' at the end of the line.

Attempting to lighten things....

On a different note, did you spot that your team's wage bill just went down 70k a week? :g:

I am not happy about the game.

Certainly Totti has been extraordinary :D but the fall that has determined our victory has been dishonorable.

You sees very well that the Italian soccer player already overwhelms the Australian soccer player to earth.

The comedy is evident :( .

Our team doesn't exist.

But the other teams don't exist even.

If the Italian team is winning luckily where are the other teams that should win us for cleverness?

The brasile is a ghost of himself as the Argentinian... this is the Word Cup more uglier to see some history.

Edited by MAHLER