When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm Dying Over Here!!

pman

I'm a newbie who just bought an Omega PO from Andrew late last week. My first rep. I can't wait for the watch to get here! I actually went to an authorized dealer just to look at it in person and try it while I wait for it to get here. How do you guys do it?

I'm already looking at what other watches to buy and I don't even have my first. I can see this is going to be an expensive hobby. It's all your fault. ;-) Ah, I feel better now, I just needed to let it out.

pman

PS Thanks for all the advice and things I've learned from everyone on the board!! This place is awesome.

A piece of advice, heed it well, don't buy Panerai!

I first saw it and thought what is this ugly POS everyone is drooling over. I bought one.

Guess what, I now have 10, with my eyes on a few more ... it'll kill your bank balance! :(

I'm a newbie who just bought an Omega PO from Andrew late last week. My first rep. I can't wait for the watch to get here! I actually went to an authorized dealer just to look at it in person and try it while I wait for it to get here. How do you guys do it?

I'm already looking at what other watches to buy and I don't even have my first. I can see this is going to be an expensive hobby. It's all your fault. ;-) Ah, I feel better now, I just needed to let it out.

pman

PS Thanks for all the advice and things I've learned from everyone on the board!! This place is awesome.

Thank your lucky stars you were saved my replica experience. I bought replicas from scam sites and rip off sites for years before I came to this place. I think I blew $4000 on replicas that would have run be about $1000 if I had bought them with the knowlege I got here. Enjoy and buy smart. There are still some mistakes you can make with the unbridled enthusiasm I hear even with the good guidence at this forum.

I was very fortunate when I bought my first (the one in my avatar) I purchased it from D.L.Gates.............4 days from Texas to my wrist :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Understand though it is not unusual in the rep trade to wait weeks for your watch.

Ken

Crystalcranuim, sorry to hear about your experience. I just checked USPS and it appears the watch will arrive tomorrow. I'm not going to wear a watch to work tomorrow in the hopes that it comes.

Now, what do I want to get next? Pan? Chronus, any suggests on what to start with?

pman

Crystalcranuim, sorry to hear about your experience. I just checked USPS and it appears the watch will arrive tomorrow. I'm not going to wear a watch to work tomorrow in the hopes that it comes.

Now, what do I want to get next? Pan? Chronus, any suggests on what to start with?

pman

Hummmmm? Did I smell a first replica purchase being delivered to work???? Hope you didn't do this because your significant other wouldn't approve! I kept my wife in the dark about my non drug, non affair, non alcohol, non gambling addiction for a while using stealth deliveries to work but it only delayed the inevetable and hindered my ability to wear the watches in the open right away. I guess someone who isn't prone to deception and stealth like myself might do this just to insure someone is present when the delivery is made. :)

What would I get next? It depends on what you are into. I had to get the obligatory SS Submariner and Speedmaster Moon watch but the next purchase was the Speedmaster Broad Arrow. Although the subdial spacing is somewhat off, it has a great bracelet that rivals the genuine in heaviness and quality and the white dial/blue hand look was great. I would stick to the replicas that have passed the muster for appearance and performance here. The IWC GST Chrono in titanium with the new asian 7750, the Tag Heuer Link Chrono from TTK with the same power plant, the new Breitling Bentley GTs and, of course, the MBW Vintage Submariners from Luckyy are all models that have gotten high marks here for accuracy of reproduction and performance.

Hummmmm? Did I smell a first replica purchase being delivered to work???? Hope you didn't do this because your significant other wouldn't approve! I kept my wife in the dark about my non drug, non affair, non alcohol, non gambling addiction for a while using stealth deliveries to work but it only delayed the inevetable and hindered my ability to wear the watches in the open right away.

Hmm.... my VERY significant other wasn't very hapy with my first purchase also so all my watches get sent to work! Ha, I have a mini collection in the draw at my work. I wear my gen to work in the morning, swap between my rep collection during the day and put my gen back on when i go home.... Its a sad sad life =)

hehe

Hmm.... my VERY significant other wasn't very hapy with my first purchase also so all my watches get sent to work! Ha, I have a mini collection in the draw at my work. I wear my gen to work in the morning, swap between my rep collection during the day and put my gen back on when i go home.... Its a sad sad life =)

hehe

There's a simple solution to your problem.

Buy her a new car whenever you buy a new rep.

Works with mine. :Jumpy:

well waiting is the most difficult part...

i am waiting for a watch for 18 days...hope to get it soon...

and i didn't even ordered (yet - gonna do it this afternoon!) the 187 and i am already waiting for it to arrive... :lol::bounce::lol::bounce:

well, it is difficult to wait but when you have more watches it is easier...the most difficult thing is waiting for the first 5...after that you get used to....

A piece of advice, heed it well, don't buy Panerai!

Sound advice!

I am going to be purchasing my first Pam soon (005 from Davidsen when I get back from holiday) and I can assure you that it will not be my last. At first I didnt see the attraction, but they are so unique, and really grow on you!

Enjoy the forum, Im a newbie as well, and have learnt so much in such little time, the people on here are excellent!

Wear the Omega well!

Crystalcranium, you are spot on. But, for a different reason. I didn't want to wait until I got home to check out the watch. No hiding here. If she gives a me hard time I'll tell I'll just go buy the gen. :-)

I'm liking the speedmaster moon watch very much. There's something very cool about a watch that's been to the moon. As I understand it the watch needs to be manually wound is that correct?

When it comes to PAMs I don't even know what a swan neck is. I do like the 111h thought. I was on Trusty's site and see that they are hand wound as well. Is that because the movement has to look right with the glass back? Is that the way it is in the gen?

LET THE COLLECTING COMMENCE!!

pman