When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

StrapCulture Love!

mjmurphy926

I just received a strap I ordered from StrapCulture, and all I can say is WOW!! I love this strap. I love the the way it looks, I love the way if feels, I love the way it smells. (In case you can't tell, I love it!!).

IMG_4423_edit_small.jpg

IMG_4435_edit_small.jpg

IMG_4451_editcopy_small.jpg

EDIT - Added the above shot.

Edited by mjmurphy926

mjm,

for people looking for a nice civilized gator strap... I'd suggest looking elsewhere (not really)... but if you want a serious, this-gator-probably bit-someone's-leg-off-last-week-and-they-had-to-shoot-it-before-it-killed-somebody kind of gator strap.... here you go:

sc1002yf0.jpg

btw, don't want to spoil it for you, but i had to wait 3 mos for this strap and as far as i know the last batch was pretty much sold out before they were even finished making them.

mjm,

for people looking for a nice civilized gator strap... I'd suggest looking elsewhere (not really)... but if you want a serious, this-gator-probably bit-someone's-leg-off-last-week-and-they-had-to-shoot-it-before-it-killed-somebody kind of gator strap.... here you go:

sc1002yf0.jpg

btw, don't want to spoil it for you, but i had to wait 3 mos for this strap and as far as i know the last batch was pretty much sold out before they were even finished making them.

I've got 4 of their gator straps.

Gentlemen a SC gator strap is an absolute piece of furniture.

It dominates the watch, Pan or otherwise.

People will ask about the strap, not the watch.

And you buy the exact strap pictured, and numbered.

What you get looks exactly like the picture!! :D

Wow ww, that's a sweet strap!!

You put me over the edge. I just emailed my request to SC. I'll see what they come back with as far as wait time.

Thanks for the pic.

patrick,

please post some pics of your straps. as soon as i get mine mounted (it's going on a minifiddy project watch) i'll be looking for another. but although it was quite a wait to get one, seth was a pleasure to deal with.

mjm--this strap is a combination of bone and oval pattern, there are a couple large hard chunks of boney plating that could really do some damage if you started flailing someone with this strap on your wrist... i get a kick out of its almost primitive look. but soft as butter (as you probably know). i did soak it in lexol, but really didn't need to. cannot wait to start wearing it.

Edited by Watchwatcher

I too had to wait a few months to receive mine. I received them last week and have not yet had a chance to take some pictures. I purchased a Honeyz and a Black gator. I will post pictures soon.

those are some fantastic straps

I soaked my SC cigar gator strap overnight in Lexol to soften it up.

It did. But it darkened it also. But it's a wicked looking strap.

I ordered another cigar gator strap because I wanted the slightly lighter color to show up more.

I haven't gotten it yet (it's at the PO), but I'll post pictures of all the straps soon as I learn how.

Hey Del, it cost $106 USD + shipping (I think $10). Here's the link to the strap I ordered:

http://www.strapculture.com/legendII/sclg2no12.html

Is it really the strap your ordered (#12)? The color looks way different from the picture on their website and personally I like the color in your pics much better. But I've read that criticism of SC that the pictures on their website aren't entirely accurate.

Edited by Brodie

patrick,

don't worry about the temporary darkening from the lexol, i've done it many times and after a couple weeks it goes back to the lighter color. as for the comment about the accuracy of SC's pics... i can only tell you that the strap i received is exactly as it was pictured. given the number of straps they sell and speed of turnaround, i doubt they edit pictures... this last order of straps didn't even make it onto the website as they were all snapped up already.

Is it really the strap your ordered (#12)? The color looks way different from the picture on their website and personally I like the color in your pics much better. But I've read that criticism of SC that the pictures on their website aren't entirely accurate.

Hey Brodie,

I did order a #12 strap, but the one pictured is not the actual strap I received. After studying my watch and my pictures, it looks like there is a little too much saturation making the strap a little redder than it actually is. However, my strap is a little redder than the SC picture on their site, so I'd say my actual strap color is between my pix and SC's. I'll see if I can edit one of my shots to look more like the actual strap.

Hey Brodie,

I did order a #12 strap, but the one pictured is not the actual strap I received. After studying my watch and my pictures, it looks like there is a little too much saturation making the strap a little redder than it actually is. However, my strap is a little redder than the SC picture on their site, so I'd say my actual strap color is between my pix and SC's. I'll see if I can edit one of my shots to look more like the actual strap.

Here is a newly edited pic that is much more faithful to the actual color of the strap:

IMG_4423_edit_adj.jpg

the SC gators are really beautiful straps...definitely the favorite one in my collection as well...I've mounted it on my 027...with that strap on, the watch is definitely on another level...

watchwatcher...the one you have is definitely one of the nicest I have ever seen...if you decide to let it go, a PM to me won't hurt! until then, wear it well!

Wow...My gator is on the way!!

I emailed Seth when I received my Legend II and told him how much I love it and expressed interest in a gator. He told me to go to their web site and look for one I like and let him know which one I choose. Once I did, he sent me an invoice for $139 +shipping and said he would pick one out as close to the one I picked as he could and send it right out.

Can't wait to see it!!

mjm, is it 24/24? i'm not seeing any in that size available on the site.

dadog, yep... she's a pretty crusty looking chunk of gator... looks like something you find on the arm of someone that got lost in the everglades for too long ;) exactly what i was looking for, not some sissy-fied dressup strap. sorry pal, i'm taking this one to the grave.

Edited by Watchwatcher