When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN 240

gavidoc

Just two minor inaccuracies (besides of the date, naturally):

1. "L SWISS MADE L" text a little too shrunk.

2. The first, capital "A" in "Automatic" less than perfect in its upper part.

All in all, I find it an excellent rep.

Also in consideration that this is the 1st time for the 240 to get repped (isn't it?), an applause to DSN.

I love tobacco/brown dials. Especially coupled with Titanium. :D

I've been in a situation with DSN lately and I can't seem to figure out. Ordered 5 Pre-V pieces that were unusable (except for one) and had to return them. I've been waiting for my replacements for a while now. I finally get an email saying that my replacements will ready next week (this past week) and that he'll shoot me some pics prior to shipping. Two days later he asks me when I'll be shipping back the watches, as if he forgot I already shipped them.

I don't know if it's a lack of communication or organization, but I would hold off on buying from him for now. DSN currently has several issues with members and models, including one with the 104 I believe, which is the base for the 240. Good luck if you do buy and remember to post your thoughts on the watch when it arrives.

I've been in a situation with DSN lately and I can't seem to figure out. Ordered 5 Pre-V pieces that were unusable (except for one) and had to return them. I've been waiting for my replacements for a while now. I finally get an email saying that my replacements will ready next week (this past week) and that he'll shoot me some pics prior to shipping. Two days later he asks me when I'll be shipping back the watches, as if he forgot I already shipped them.

I don't know if it's a lack of communication or organization, but I would hold off on buying from him for now. DSN currently has several issues with members and models, including one with the 104 I believe, which is the base for the 240. Good luck if you do buy and remember to post your thoughts on the watch when it arrives.

Wow UJ... I didn't realize your issues were still unresolved (I should pay closer attention). That's definitely NOT good. I guess if we all continue to order from him, he will never be forced to improve on these short-comings.

I'll be keeping a closer eye next week to see how things work out for you before I order anything.

Yeah UncleJay I know about your problems but figured I'd be one of the guinea pigs for his 240 to see if he has the same issues with this one as the 104.

INtersting thing though I found out from him. Turns out the Titanium cases are made at a different factory then the STainless ones. I wanted to have a stainless crownguard with a titainum lever on this watch but he told me it wouldn't work as the parts won't mate because they are made at different factories.

I've heard he has some of the better titanium cases. Is this a truth?

His Ti case is good but his Ti crown guard isn't and it cant be swapped for an alternative as the screws are differently placed.

PAMman,

What is wrong with his crown guard? The one on the 240 looks pretty nice. Thick and not a large gap between the crown and the crownguard. Looks much better hten the 104 crownguard.

What do the experts think of the new Davidsen 240? I know he's had QC issues with the 104 but wanted the hive's opinions on this offering. I've been talking to him about getting one for over a month now and have been waiting for it to be released.

Thanks guys!

Davidsen 240

The problem is not that the watch pictured is not a very good rep. Indeed, on first blush it's a handsome piece.

The question is whether that is the watch you'll be getting.

Too many posters on RepGeek, RWG, and RWI have posted disappointment with the QC of the new "updated " DSN releases they have received.

Most have returned the faulty watch, requesting replacements, refunds, or some other remedy. Some have kept the watches and spent extra to correct the poor QC.

None the less the whole exercise is a hassle because DSN is half a continent away.

>

I think some members seemed to have forgot what the RW in RWG stands for.

But its seems it should be renamed DSN bashing group.

With respect to the rumours on the CG. They fit Cartel watches and vice versa fact.

I have a DSN 055 one of 3 DSN I have. I broke the Crown gaurd on it and mail Davidsen asking to buy a new one. But being the mean incompitent watchmaker he clearly is apprently he sent me a new one FREE OF CHARGE. God he is so bad he didn't expect any money for it. The thing is the holes were not big enough to take the old screws. The cheap skate only sent a free CG and not the screws. Funny thing is the Crown gaurd on my cartel 177 was a piece of filed down [censored]. Oh guess what my FREE DSN fitted it perfectly and transformed the watch which I hardly used becuase the fanatstic cartel CG was a POS. Fast forward because of his poor quality watches I ordered a 229 and despite its poor backside actually works, and I got another titanium crown gaurd which fits perfectly on the 55 and the cartel 177.

The 240 looks great. Its 3hundredfrickindollars for a 5grand watch. It is not going to be frickin perfect.

If you don't want a DSN buy fronm someone else.

Oh I forgot NOONE else makes the 240

I Love RW's

Dispite their Flaws

ST

>

I think some members seemed to have forgot what the RW in RWG stands for.

But its seems it should be renamed DSN bashing group.

With respect to the rumours on the CG. They fit Cartel watches and vice versa fact.

I have a DSN 055 one of 3 DSN I have. I broke the Crown gaurd on it and mail Davidsen asking to buy a new one. But being the mean incompitent watchmaker he clearly is apprently he sent me a new one FREE OF CHARGE. God he is so bad he didn't expect any money for it. The thing is the holes were not big enough to take the old screws. The cheap skate only sent a free CG and not the screws. Funny thing is the Crown gaurd on my cartel 177 was a piece of filed down [censored]. Oh guess what my FREE DSN fitted it perfectly and transformed the watch which I hardly used becuase the fanatstic cartel CG was a POS. Fast forward because of his poor quality watches I ordered a 229 and despite its poor backside actually works, and I got another titanium crown gaurd which fits perfectly on the 55 and the cartel 177.

The 241 looks great. Its 3hundredfrickindollars for a 5grand watch. It is not going to be frickin perfect.

If you don't want a DSN buy fronm someone else.

Oh I forgot NOONE else makes the 240

I Love RW's

Dispite their Flaws

ST

Within stormtrooper's sarcasm may be some virtue, but the criticism of the 'New" DSN 104's being received by other forum posters is not about nit picking minor flaws.

I suggest interested parties do a search for "Panerai 104" on other forums.

The question of DSN QC with other models being released awaits a 240 buyer's report.

I will add that if I had not just got the 229 I would have had the 240 for sure, as he seems to have got his Brown dials finally sorted.

Of course I may well change my opinion of his work if I can't fit the Ti crown I've just got to replace the one on my 177. But that's another story all together.

I look forward to the first review of the 240

ST

Within stormtrooper's sarcasm may be some virtue, but the criticism of the 'New" DSN 104's being received by other forum posters is not about nit picking minor flaws.

I suggest interested parties do a search for "Panerai 104" on other forums.

The question of DSN QC with other models being released awaits a 240 buyer's report.

I agree and am willing to take one for the "team" to see how it is. I'm doing a custom job though as I will have a stainless bezel on mine as I will be wearing it on a titanium bracelet. Shame I can't put a stainless crownguard on it though. <_<

I agree and am willing to take one for the "team" to see how it is. I'm doing a custom job though as I will have a stainless bezel on mine as I will be wearing it on a titanium bracelet. Shame I can't put a stainless crownguard on it though. <_<

GOOD MAN

and you're getting some mods , even better

I'm for one, is looking forward to your findings

ST4