When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tropc 39 Superdomes!

M5Man

Wow, these have skyrocketed in price! I have one that I have never mounted, bought it about 1.5 years ago. I just looked at ebay to see 2 - one current bid at $315 and one buy it now for $550! Im thinking I should sell it to pay for another watch or maybe some mods to my MBW - what do you guys think? Or should I just put it on my MBW?

Sell it and make good money!

I have seen Clark's crystal and seriously having a hard time telling the difference. I agree gen Rolex tropic has this diamond shine under bright sunlight but the Clark one is also very good.

Same thing on a NOS bezel insert...I dropped out at $300...bracelets for 1680s and 1665s going for over 1K...Original mods for MBWs are getting prohibitive

Agree !! when I took a reality check I reasoned that the cost are outwieghing the end result ... the end result being to "Mod" the MBW .. I'm not even going for a genuine bezel.. I'm sticking with the Wholesale outlet variety .. although it's not 100% it will do for my purpose.. which is not to "pass" it off as a genuine.. but to have a "replication" that I'll be happy with..

It certainly is a fine crystal. There's a way to tell visually that it's not gen but remembering the state of the art even 2 years ago, it's a beautiful piece.

Remember you couldn't even GET a 1665 or 1680 a few years back...

Now if only there was a super voluptuous dome like that for a "Bond" Sub...