When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 188 Pictorial Review

bruce79

Finally got around to taking some pics of my 188 this morning. Most of you know this piece and the incredible deal I got from Carlsbadrolex. Just a note, CBR is the most stand up member I've dealt with...and I've traded countless watches with countless members...and he still takes the cake...no b*llshit :thumbsupsmileyanim:. The 188 was acting a bit funny after I bought it from him, and he insisted that he pay to have it tuned up. Even after practically giving it to me. Got it done at his watchmaker in a days time. I've never dealt with a member who "put his money where his mouth is" more than Carlsbadrolex...period.

Now to the watch...I know it's changed several SoCal hands in the recent past so if any of you have anything to add, please do so. It's got every mod imaginable and is of course powered by the 7753...yes the date wheel sit a little low in the window but hey, if that's the only flaw...that is more than fine with me... :lol:

Enjoy

DSC_0021-3.jpg

DSC_0014-3.jpg

DSC_0016-4.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0011-5.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0020-2.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0010-4.jpg

DSC_0005-4.jpg

DSC_0004-3.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0022-2.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

I think I see a glaring flaw... Its no longer in my watch box!

J, your too kind! Im very glad that you have it and are wearing it!

See you at the G2G!

T

Guest carlsbadrolex
Beautiful watch! Is that a 7753 I detect?

As a previous owner I feel I can answer this... YES, it has a 7753 in it!

Someone needs to ask him to post a LUME SHOT...

OMG...........

Love it!.

I've just bought myself a fully modded 188 Daylight also.

7753 movement

Angus' fatter dial

Old style case

Gen croc strap

Lello date wheel

The Zigmeister relume

The Zigmeister CG lever

Flav CG pin

and

Fully serviced by The Zigmeister

front1.jpg

back1.jpg

Pam188a.jpg

pam188c.jpg

Just waiting on the Lello to be installed this week and it should be in my hands shortly.

Thanks for posting up the pics. I can hardly wait!!!

Hey Jermaine,

Super nice catch, I've been craving that 188 since it's the only white dial PAM I want...gorgeous. And Carlsbad is an amazing guy, never dealt with him but he's the kind of member that makes RWG ...RWG. Found a deal on a Gen 188 which I grabbed, but I would have easily preferred yours for the deal of the year so far.

Congrats J, and wear it well. Couldn't free up any free time to hook up in San Diego and grab a beer as I had hoped...and admire your 188...we drove back a little later than expected from Ensenada and Rosarito Beach, Mexico on Sun night...and now I'm about to hop on a flight back to San Francisco.

P.S. Love the strap. :victory:

Hey J,

I may be back down in SD early summer time, we can do a side by side. Mine should be arriving this week, but from all my research, i'm pretty sure it's very good. I LOVED my 196 7753, but wanted to start over and my search for the 188 was coming up short. Enjoy it, you're the one that got me all revved up to get one! :victory:

Hey J,

I may be back down in SD early summer time, we can do a side by side. Mine should be arriving this week, but from all my research, i'm pretty sure it's very good. I LOVED my 196 7753, but wanted to start over and my search for the 188 was coming up short. Enjoy it, you're the one that got me all revved up to get one! :victory:

Nice one man, the 188 is my fav pam white dial..Congrats can't wait for pics :)

If no good modded one comes my way i em thinking a gen also, just need to find the right one in terms of condition and such.

Cheers

Finally got around to taking some pics of my 188 this morning. Most of you know this piece and the incredible deal I got from Carlsbadrolex. Just a note, CBR is the most stand up member I've dealt with...and I've traded countless watches with countless members...and he still takes the cake...no b*llshit :thumbsupsmileyanim:. The 188 was acting a bit funny after I bought it from him, and he insisted that he pay to have it tuned up. Even after practically giving it to me. Got it done at his watchmaker in a days time. I've never dealt with a member who "put his money where his mouth is" more than Carlsbadrolex...period.

Now to the watch...I know it's changed several SoCal hands in the recent past so if any of you have anything to add, please do so. It's got every mod imaginable and is of course powered by the 7753...yes the date wheel sit a little low in the window but hey, if that's the only flaw...that is more than fine with me... :lol:

Enjoy

She's a beauty alright! What strap is that?