When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mini-Project: Back on track

Watchwatcher

For those of you who have been following this saga... some good news. After getting a nice mini, having the dial relumed by Zig and dbl A/R coating from K2222, my crystal exploded. I had also had my eye on a gator strap from SC, which took 3mos to get my hands on. As replacement for the mineral crystal, I ordered 3 varying height of domed plexi's from cousinsuk (37.2mm) to see how they fit/looked. During the past week everything landed--the strap, plexi's, and I did a sanding touchup of the brushed case and also dremeled & polished the bezel. Had already hot-glued the CG, which is nice and tight.

The really good news, is that the high-domed sternkreuz plexi from cousin's looks virtually identical to the original glass crystal, fits perfectly (tight) and doesn't risk 'explosion'. I can also confirm that the mid-height plexi and convex plexi also fit extremely well in this case and look good. In fact, the convex is actually a very interesting look, as it creates a very low profile look to the watch but still has a somewhat curved profile (as opposed to being a totally flat crystal). I also have a 'bullseye' crystal en route, which may be thick enough to provide crack resistance and also lend itself to a/r coatings (that's probably a month or more down the road). In the meantime, here's the current project with SC strap...

minifull1hc6.jpg

ministraightonbucklexz2.jpg

minisidelongpn7.jpg

minisideez1.jpg

minisideshotdi4.jpg

miniwristshoteg9.jpg

minibucklech2.jpg

is the mini Fiddy is accurate or is a fantasy watch.

I mean does PANERAI has a mini fiddy

Complete fantasy.

But very nice. Shame on Officine Panerai for not making it. :)

cib, as the earlier reply points out, the mini-fiddy is a fantasy. however, i always liked the look of the fiddy with its simple, understated case and dial, but don't wear 47mm cases because they are too big. the match up with a heavily grained gator strap is what I was looking for.

• 2 months later...