When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Luminor 1950 depth gauge

capice

OFFICINE PANERAI AND MIKE HORN TOGETHER FOR THE PANGAEA EXPEDITION

Officine Panerai is the sponsor of Mike Horn's new mission. The celebrated South African explorer will leave the Principality of Monaco in May on an expedition lasting four years. In several stages his journey will take him to all the continents including Antarctica, with the intention of sharing awareness of the current state of our planet so as to make public opinion aware of this important problem. The name of the expedition is 'Pangaea' and - in accordance with the motto of the expedition 'explore, learn, act' - Mike Horn will not restrict himself to observing but will be actively involved in trying to make our planet a better place.

LUMINOR1950depthgauge.jpg

I think both cause and watch are awesome

Enjoy

Capice

Hmm, not bad at all :)

It reminds me somewhat of the vintage Rolex Explorer Steve McQueen wore.

I have to admit, I'm not too impressed with the bezel choice. Too many circles too close together. Personally, I think the watch would have benefitted from either an NESW bezel, or the bezel of the 187, just to 'break up the look' a bit.

Still a nice watch though :)

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know the full dimenions of this piece beyond just the 47mm? The pictures I have seen from Pangaea/Panerai seem like this is a MASSIVE instrument...like 20mm thick on the wrist. Either that, or the guys wearing it are tiny.

If this is ever repped, it will be a very expensive chunk of titanium. Plus a non-functional depth gauge will have to be figured out...(gen is battery operated)

http://watches.infoniac.com/panerai-mike-h...ng-venture.html

Edited by fat.tail.event

This is an amazing watch. At 47mm the size of a fiddy, specs are below and the thickness has not been

given, but I think Fat.tail is right at about 20mm. A massive watch. The depth gauge is probably to complex to rep, and most of us do not use a depth gauge every day.

When I first saw the 307, I was repelled by the design as being to clunky, but it grows on you as Panerai watches do and I would love to see this repped.

PAM00307 Movement: automatic mechanical, exclusive Panerai OP XV calibre, 13