When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone know the new URL for Watchonpo please?

rek001

I just tried the old URL for Watchonpo - www.shopping e-convenient etc, and it takes me to some gateway for japanese business, I can't seem to find Watchonpo site there.

I like to browse Watchonpo occasionally just to see if they have anything unique...sometimes they do.

Thanks much!

www.etayahonpo.jp

I'm guessing from your name, you could be Japanese... have you ever ordered from them ? I had trouble ordering... help would be appreciated if you have time ;)

Thanks for the link

Looks like there are some nice Daytonas. Has anyone ordered from here. Are they better or the same as our regular collectors?

Cheers

ST4

They tend to service the Japanese market.

I've never successfully managed to order anything from them, or get any replies to emails, so good luck... let me know if you hear anything.

There was an English site they had, but the guy running it scammed people and disappeared. Don't know if they are still related to Watchonpo.. so just a FYI.

Also, Watchonpo have been known to commission watches in the past, such as the best case version of the PAM187 (look for kruzer's reviews and comparisons) although it was in the early days of the Asian 7750 and it had the low beat version, which at the time had question marks.

They've also managed to get exclusive watches that no one else has - eg. is the aforementioned PAM187 and also the PAM194, which they are the only ones to have in titanium. The collectors on here, sadly, have it only in incorrect stainless steel.

Looks to be server down. It works fine yesterday. I am sorry I can't help you on that, I am not Japanese and don't speak/write fluent Japanese too :p

I am sure there are many members here who can help you.

Anyway, here is how honpo works from what I understand. He commissioned the watch (mainly PAM) and buy the WHOLE production lot. I can tell you... it's WHOLE LOT. He has the purchasing power to do that. In this case, he can assure "stricter QC" as well as get the best out of the whole batch. Just mind you, most first batch rep watches are the best one (machining is new, parts and case are made really precise).

Just try again later, the website is correct. If you want to track him, enter this on google search: gangan moo jp

Interestingly, some of the search results point back to RWG to a member known as "none" in Watchonpo area.

Looks to be server down. It works fine yesterday. I am sorry I can't help you on that, I am not Japanese and don't speak/write fluent Japanese too :p

I am sure there are many members here who can help you.

Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case. Doesn't seem to be (m)any Japanese speakers/readers here.

I have been down that route before with a Japanese speaker on RWG and the last time I tried they were unwilling to ship to the USA or Europe. They really are designed to serve only the Japanese and possibly the Middle East market (although I was never able to confirm that).

I had a brief email exchange with Honpo early last year until he asked which watches I wanted to order. I answered with 2 & then he stopped responding to my emails.

I do know that 1 or 2 RWG members said Honpo took their money & never delivered any watches. But he does display a number of unique, good looking watches that you do not see on other dealers' websites. Of course, as we all know, the pictures often bear NO relation to the watches being delivered, regardless of the seller's claims to the contrary (idolreplicas/watch-ebay is yet another recent example of this type of bait-&-switch scammer).

Is that really true?

It was my impression that the very few who managed to get unique pieces from Watchonpo got what was advertised in their photos.

As far as l know no one on this forum has ever actually bought from Honpo. They do not sell outside of Japan. Historically they would not even sell to people who could communicate in Japanese who required shipping outside of Japan. All the watches came from two sources before the factories released second (and often lesser) generations to other dealers. They came from people who acted as independent agents. The first seller Kenji Eiyjin took responsibility for a certain amount of inventory and then sold it to the highest bidder on Ebay. He got thrown off of Ebay relatively quickly and then sold to a few folks independently. Of course he blew up but it was good while it lasted. The next guy selling under EtaSwissGoods or something like that actually was a dealer and a native Japanese who split his time between Florida and Japan. No one has ever been able to prove they are on in the same and I still don't think so in spite of the name similarity. He did scam a couple of people at the very end but a number of people had good transactions before he self-destructed as well.