When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Modern Sub - What Do You Think ?

melvin.x

I like the dial on this one.

Nice printing and font, should be a little brighter.

Maybe just the pic?

The date wheel looks pretty bad misaligned.

That should definitely be fixed.

But then it would still hang to the left side of the window.....

Other than that I think it´s pretty ok.

Where did you get it? Price?

Thanks for the answers !

I put up another 2 pics also to show that it´s only a question of the angle how you take the picture. I do not think that the date is misaligned. The etched crown is very hard to catch on a pic, but seen from a different angle it looks not so big anymore. I´m still trying to take a better picture but the battery is low now...

Anyway, I have to improve my skills in taking photos...

76767-31411.jpg

76767-31412.jpg

Still any opinions appreciated !

Greetings

DJ

It's the best value for money wear-without-mods-to-impress-your-friends kinda Sub. The one that Precious, Andrew, TTk, Luckyyy and lately Aspire sell in asian or ETA. It's definately a keeper or try to mix parts with an TW best or MBW to have the absolute top modern Sub rep.

Enjoy it, we waited a long time to get something like that and so affordable.

Cheers!

Wireless,

absolutely right.

One could not say it better. It´s indeed a nice watch and I did not tell where I purchased this one, because I wanted to know about the watch and not the seller, who is not that reputable for some people here.

I did not have any problems with Paul / Aspire on this deal. It´s an "Ultimate" Sub with ETA for $109,- shipped from his "Crazy Sale". I just could not resist. You do not even get an Irony Swatch at this price... ;)

And: No, I did not get any discount or a watch for free...

Greetings

DJ

Edited by melvin.x

OK, more stuff,

The inside edges of the crown guards could be straightened up, giving them a more right angle look relative to the edge of the case at the base of the crown.

A smaller (gen) crown would help.

A better pearl on the bezel would be nice, say gen bezel insert, or at least a better one.

But w/ the ETA movt, you can't go wrong. Enjoy it and make the modes later on when you get around to it.

I have an Aspire DRSD that needs crown guard work, and a general toning down of the yellow and maybe drilling out of the lug holes, but other than the yellow, no one's really gonna notice.

• 2 months later...