When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A better RG HBB is coming

Pix

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dear friend

i also have Big Bang Tuiga Monaco 18K RG Ceramic version watch with 28.8K movement with very good price. do you want it? PM me. thanks

Thanks a lot for your offer. However, at the moment, I am not looking for HBB. I am done with this rep ;) I wish to help you to create even a better version that that v1 "Ultimate".

My SS tuiga doesn't have the flag at the side. The RG version has the flag at the side, appears to have the same caseback as the rep Tuiga SS (v1 ultimate). 141/250 for both RG and SS.

Is the genuine SS version supposed to have the flag on the side?

I've noticed the same thing as your watches... only the RG rep has the flags on the side.

If the price is right i would like a tuiga ss or rosegold.

I am a little confused. There are two HBB manufacturers. Which manufacuture makes watchmark's hbb? or Is there a third manufacture involved now.

Im a big fan of HBB as well...but i could never wear RG...

like taka said..the tuiga will carry all the weight...with a good price of course..

but for me the ultimate ..is the tempus..(reasonable cost) and also maybe the Matt tantalum version ..if im not mistaken..those are rock ..lol

yessss saphir crystal at the back too...with good engraving on the rotor.. :)

@Pix,

I think you are going to get as many opinions as there are posts here.

I support your efforts with improving the current low beat RG/ceramic version:

1.) Better CF dial

2.) Correct rehaut color

3.) Higher grade strap and clasp.

4.) No AR (to keep prices down and make it easier for after-market coating)

Like you said, these changes are being made with EXISTING parts. If we start making suggestions, like improving the engravings on the case-back or the font on the rotor, thicker crystal....... then in all liklihood this project will not happen. Gotta go with the "Keep it simple, stupid" principle.

Again, thanks for your time and efforts.

.......at some point the price of the V1 "HAS TO" come down. Maybe with the release of the CONCORD, as the focus will be shifted away from the HBB. I am cerainly not going to pay over $1000 for a rep.

I agree with the point that it's quite impossible to improve tiny minute details. All in all, most important issue that needs to be addressed is the better CF dial for this particular model.

Used RG V1 rep with real ceramic bezel is in 650-700USD range at the moment. Definitely that there is at least 2 different versions out there.

EDIT: I am not sure about the flag on genuine SS Tuiga. I assume there should be one.

Edited by takashi

Also for the movement, why not get Watchmark to try and source the new Asian7750, the one used in the ultimate Chopard?

The new 7750 version has high beat and a functional regulator....

That way you would get the best possible appearance.....

Pics!

CP-MM-GTXL-CHRONO-06.JPG

Now I know this movement has a different base plate for the Chopard case design, and layout issues, but they must be able to change that to work with a new ultimate HBB? They would sell loads of HBB's with this more accurate movement, just use the "H" hublot bridge and rotor.....

Cheers! :D

Don't forget the chronograpgh center seconds hand......

If you look at it can you spot the flaw? The red paint does not go far enough to create the Hublot "H" correctly......

Wow!......Good looking out eagle eye. smilielupehd4.gif I never noticed that either.

I am amazed sometimes at the attention to detail that some of our members have.

I'd be happy for a low-beat Asian 7750 copy movement, if there's no problems swapping out for a Swiss ETA 7750 (eg. hand sizes are the same)... if that can't be done, I'm not bothered with the low-beat...

The flags on the side of the TUIGA... I have no idea if it should be on the genuine, can't find any pics of the genuine with that side view.

Other simple things would be having parts put in properly, easy the inserts glued/screwed in etc (eg. the black part on the crown).

Other things that can be put together for this one is to use the best polished ceramic bezel.

I'm not really a fan of plated gold on reps, and as others have mentioned, the weight will be wrong. I'm of the opinion a plated watch is of lower resale value than a non-plated watch as it has a shorter life because of the plating rubbing off eventually.

Also for the movement, why not get Watchmark to try and source the new Asian7750, the one used in the ultimate Chopard?

The new 7750 version has high beat and a functional regulator....

That way you would get the best possible appearance.....

Pics!

CP-MM-GTXL-CHRONO-06.JPG

Now I know this movement has a different base plate for the Chopard case design, and layout issues, but they must be able to change that to work with a new ultimate HBB? They would sell loads of HBB's with this more accurate movement, just use the "H" hublot bridge and rotor.....

Cheers! :D

dear friend

do you mean's put chopard movement into HBB? thanks

Put the new 7750 movement into the HBB (I did not know this movement exists)

- low beat : has a (non working regulator)

- current hi-beat : has no regulator

- new hi-beat (same type as in the Chopard) : has a working regulator

Indeed, we are far from what we imagine as the ultimate HBB, but keep in mind that this version should remain affordable. Otherwise there is always the option for Trusty's version.

Regarding the CF dial : I understood that this factory has the dial as you saw it in the first pics. They don't have acces to Trusty's dial (an other factory). It will therefore remain smoother than the best CF dial we know...

I feel what we saw yesterday is a great improvement against the V2 I tested, and looks much more genuine than the other. Then, for all the suggested improvements, there's a long way I suppose ;)

dear friend

do you mean's put chopard movement into HBB? thanks

Hi Watchmark! :)

Well the Chopard movement in it's current configuration would not be correct for the HBB, but if the movement maker was contacted, maybe they could change/create their 7750 for a new HBB?

The subdial layout would need changing from 6/9/12 to 3/6/9, and it would also need a Hublot decorated bridge and rotor. As I stated before, if it could be done it would be the best 7750 movement in any hublot to date! As it has the high beat with a working regulator! B)

All the other HBB's are either high beat without a regulator, or low beat with a non functional regulator.....

Cheers!

Apart from what the rest of the experts say, I have to add the following.

1. Thicker crystal. (this holds true for all HBB so far) In the genuine the glass is standing a good half mm above the bezel. Maybe a bit more, but for sure, when You look at it sideways, the glass is on a different level (pun not intended) I have seen it first hand in a few genuines, and anyone can see that in pictures in TZ/hublot.

2. Deeper dial. (this holds true for all HBB so far) In the genuine the chrono and running seconds subdials are recessed: the center disk of the minute counter is the lowest layer, then comes the 5 minute disk, then is the main dial level.. In the replica it looks like embossing a set of grooves on the dial, with no leveling.

3. A proper superluminova (this holds true for all HBB so far): This should not be that hard: It is just 5 hards that need proper superluminova, no markers, no bezel (a'la Cousteau), no hard dial works here.

4. A proper datewheel (this is for the HBB on the first page of this post) Font is too bold. And go for the white letters on black DW. This can be custom ordered from Hublot and it looks better IMHO

5. Color of the RG is a bit "pinkish" compared to the genuine. It needs more red and less blue. We are talking nit picking here, and trying to fix something that good can result in a bigger mess than we started with. But that is my assessment under direct sunlight with both watches present ;)

Having said all the above, my HBB RG PC is by far the best replica I have seen and own :) The grass is greener on this side :p

DW font is indeed a topic : I have always understood that the font on reps was too thin.

I guess the right size is somewhere inbtweeen...

It is true that Hublot mentions red gold, not rose gold. I guess this is the explanation.

Hi Watchmark! :)

Well the Chopard movement in it's current configuration would not be correct for the HBB, but if the movement maker was contacted, maybe they could change/create their 7750 for a new HBB?

The subdial layout would need changing from 6/9/12 to 3/6/9, and it would also need a Hublot decorated bridge and rotor. As I stated before, if it could be done it would be the best 7750 movement in any hublot to date! As it has the high beat with a working regulator! B)

All the other HBB's are either high beat without a regulator, or low beat with a non functional regulator.....

Cheers!

dear friend

my HBB high beat with working functional regulator movement will come in soon. thanks

regards

mark

dear friend

my HBB high beat with working functional regulator movement will come in soon. thanks

regards

mark

Great news! B)

I am sure that bit of information will create a lot of interest and anticipation among our members ^_^

Did you contact the Chopard movement maker? Or were you looking at other ways before hand, via a different maker?