When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A better RG HBB is coming

Pix

Probably tomorrow I will post a tutorial of how to add a regulator to the Asian 7750 28800.

It is very cheap, pieces easy to get, and not difficult to do it. I am writing just now the tuto. This picture shows the final result:

img2066md3.jpg

Of course it is not functional. And this is not the mechanism of a HBB, but will work, of course, in the same way in a HBB.

Francisco.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks cool :p I am trying to replace the whole balance wheel set. Let's see ;)

Anyway, more or less this watch has been scrutinized pretty much. Geo just added a very good point. Without a good dial, it's a very easy tell.

I think I read a post in repgeek about replacing the balance wheel. It does not work, I think.

Francisco.

So, back to the best solution, it seems the Tuiga is the winner :

- closed caseback

- smooth dial

I'd love a correct Tuiga from this second manufacturer, i.e. under 500 USD.

a few things:

-should the flags be on the side?

-does the genuine (SS) come in CF dial or smooth dial? I've seen dealers with both.

The gen Tuiga/any HBB with CF dial definitely looks better than the rep. The gen however, is not smooth either. It has a noticable texture to it. It's hard to describe and to take picture of the gen dial texture correctly but I am sure that the rep with some texture looks more correct than the smooth one.

As for the flag on the side, I would say that the gen has it. Just my gut feeling. I will continue searching.

Ultimate V3 Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold Version. Profect !!

Mark has a new version of the RG/ceramic HBB on his site. It has the correct rehaut color, and upgraded strap. Other than that it looks like the same low beat version he is selling for $400.

13722285sml16yx0.jpg

Ummmm...I hope this is not the upgraded version we were talking about? $700 for the low beat A7750 without correct CF dial? I kinda think he missed the point.

Ultimate V3 Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold Version. Profect !!

Mark has a new version of the RG/ceramic HBB on his site. It has the correct rehaut color, and upgraded strap. Other than that it looks like the same low beat version he is selling for $400.

13722285sml16yx0.jpg

Ummmm...I hope this is not the upgraded version we were talking about? $700 for the low beat A7750 without correct CF dial? I kinda think he missed the point.

i also have deep CF dial with final version HBB. but price too high. i don't want selll it. i think this is should be ok.

and i think this is very rare watch.. is it? :)

The gen Tuiga/any HBB with CF dial definitely looks better than the rep. The gen however, is not smooth either. It has a noticable texture to it. It's hard to describe and to take picture of the gen dial texture correctly but I am sure that the rep with some texture looks more correct than the smooth one.

As for the flag on the side, I would say that the gen has it. Just my gut feeling. I will continue searching.

welcome to my site take look. :)

I'd love to see this one for less than 700 indeed, ideally less than 600 (remember, that was the price of Trusty/Joshua/Angus' RG at the beginning) :mellow:

Still your V2 (or call it now V3) is cheaper than the other offers, but lacks the deep CF dial. It seems that the best dial is only available from the 1st maker.

Regarding the low beat movement, I always insist on the fac that it is NOT a bad movement, just different from the high beat. There's a bad habit here to say that it's risky to buy low beat A7750s : that's wrong. (see why in my signature).

This version in Tuiga flavour with closed caseback would be also close to an ulitmate HBB, for much cheaper than the insane 1000 or 1100 USD asked by other dealers. Please Mark, make it if you have the possibility with this alternative rep manufacturer :)

I don't mean that this makes the price difference. Indeed, I don't think that costs so much, and even if one is real CF and the other some imitation, it can't be a question of 300 or more dollars. That's nonsense.

I simply think and understood that manufacturer2 cannot get the dial of manufacturer1. So there's no way today to get the deep CF dial from V1 on Mark's special version.

For the 300 USD difference between this "ultimate V3" and the "V2" I tested, I have no clue. I'd stay on Mark's words, but I must say that sounds a bit complicated.

I would easisly understand that there is an additionnal cost as this is a special order, made upon request, with some changed specifications (remember our first discussions about what to add and what to change). It seems no other dealer carry this "V3" as we see it here. "made to measure" (with standard parts) could be the beginning of an explanation for the price difference.

I'm sure that Mark had to buy a whole batch of them to get it assembled as per his indications.

From what I understand, from Mark's reply, he is saying he had to get 2 watches and make them into one, leaving the other one unsaleable, and that's why the price is high.

That's what it looks like to me.

:)

You got it for this pretty good price Taka, but I doubt that there are enough used V1 around to cover the demand. Their owners keep them preciously.

Pre-owned is always the best way, and probably even more for reps, as you have a kind of QC before.

And if we think a bit deeper, 650 USD for a second-hand (mint) non modded A7750 watch is still insane. Somehow.

What I personally don't understand is how has the price of the V1 been multiplied by 2 in less than a year... And how Mark takes 200 USD less on the same V1 (he also sells them if you want one). I guess we all know the answer ;)

Ideally this V3 should be sold under 600, to make it 50% of Trusty etc.'s price.

I personnally won't pay 700 USD on it. Maybe on a Tuiga ;)

I'm glad I chose the V1 lite and had it modded while it was possible.