When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Received the Oris Carlos Coste

ajoesmith

Just got the Oris Carlos Coste about 5 mins ago

It a really nice watch, nice and thick, good looking case, crisp dial text etc.

Am i happy? NO

the 18th Date has a problem with the number, there is a strange line down the middle of the 8

the very bottom 6 oclock lume marker isnt in the centre

The rubber strap is cracked near the lug and will break eventually

Bezel is not tight and wobbles from side to side

Other than these QC issues its fine, still havent cracked open the case back to see the movement yet but im overall very disappointed

And to top it all off i also ordered another watch which was shipped in the same package. The watch i got wasn't what i ordered!

Ill post pics when i can

I pretty [censored] off right now and have the hassle of sending back to the dealer!

EDIT: looks like i might be sticking to Gens from now on

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately, as the design and manufacturing capabilities of rep manufacturers have increased (and ever more detailed watches are coming out) the QC has not kept up. With that and the general increase in prices the return factor is bound to go up. And I agree that it does make you think twice before you buy another rep. It is a very pretty rep. I would have bought it as well except that I can never get over having the wrong metal (SS vs ti) as the basis for the watch.

I feel your pain and I do understand you are [censored]...I am in the same boat with my OCC I got some weeks ago:

1) screw-down crown does not screw in...the thread of the tube is far too short!

2) dust under the crystal

3) the bezel is not allingned at 12

4) the bezel is loose and can be moved to the side 2mm!

5) both lug-screws that hold the rubber strap to the case are stripped, one of the small screws fell out or was not delivered!

Anyway I shipped the watch back to the dealer...he will not exchange it for a new one because I did wear it for 1 day (well at least 2 hours)...now I am anxiously waiting the watch to arrive at the dealers home (home?...).

JOE....you should not accept these issues....at least the strap and the wobbling of the bezel are not to tolerate...the dealer should exchange it.....YES I KNOW taking delivery of a watch from china is OK...sending a watch into china...you have a good chance of 50% that it will get lost :cry:

Cheers,

Theo

P.S.: ...if you like to PM me for your dealer....it might have been the same one and they should do something cause there are more and more people with QC issues from my dealer!

guys sorry to hear this...I just had a PM on RG from a friend of mine and he says he is experiencing as well similar problems as the one you have pointed in this post...

seems it is just a rep with a lot of issues...and dealers do not do the QC they should...so it is a "stay away" rep until they don't fix the issues...

Hi,

got 2 of these.

The first was OK but had the reversed SUNday issue. Sold it to a member who was OK with that : avoided a trip back to CN and made someone whose country is too strict with customs happy.

The second came this morning : it i apparently in very good condition.

Indeed, we heard many issues about this OCC :

- DW problem

- dust under the crystal

- crown popping up

- bezel

- scratches new the lugs

This is too much and the only cure is to ask for a strong QC to your dealer before shipment : who will do that ..?

I have asked 2 dealers to make this QC before ordering : one answered "watch is as on the pictures".

The other did the QC (including the check of the DW), sent me pictures to at least check for visual defects.

He got my order. And that's the way I intend to do business : ask the dealer to do a bit more than "pushing boxes".

As always, I'm wondering why we blindly protect those who pretend to do QC, and actually never see or check what they ship : we often hear that "this is exceptionnal, it is one bad transaction out of hundreds..." How can one know that ? Most of the time the complains are never made public.

sorry to hear this Ajoesmith, it's always painful to return a watch, even if we know the dealer won't be reluctant on this : loss of time, and often loss of money.

OK the dealer has came through and is sending me a new watch as we speak/type

Hopefully when it arrives itll be ok!

yeah if it were just the lume on 6 probably deal with it, the strap - he could probably send a new one - but the datewheel is a deal breaker and the fact you ahve all three i think is new watch without question

good luck

On my first OCC, I also asked for a DW to have it swapped here. Impossible to get.

It seems that the factories won't release any spare parts.

The other explanation could be that your defective rep will just be reinjected in the sales channel as soo as it reached China, without any fix. With the great probability that someone will live with it.

After the 0 defect, we have the 0 loss : both are targets which any factory aims to reach. The rep factories at least have succeeded in the 0 loss challenge...

Hi,

got 2 of these.

The first was OK but had the reversed SUNday issue. Sold it to a member who was OK with that : avoided a trip back to CN and made someone whose country is too strict with customs happy.

The second came this morning : it i apparently in very good condition.

Indeed, we heard many issues about this OCC :

- DW problem

- dust under the crystal

- crown popping up

- bezel

- scratches new the lugs

This is too much and the only cure is to ask for a strong QC to your dealer before shipment : who will do that ..?

I have asked 2 dealers to make this QC before ordering : one answered "watch is as on the pictures".

The other did the QC (including the check of the DW), sent me pictures to at least check for visual defects.

He got my order. And that's the way I intend to do business : ask the dealer to do a bit more than "pushing boxes".

As always, I'm wondering why we blindly protect those who pretend to do QC, and actually never see or check what they ship : we often hear that "this is exceptionnal, it is one bad transaction out of hundreds..." How can one know that ? Most of the time the complains are never made public.

sorry to hear this Ajoesmith, it's always painful to return a watch, even if we know the dealer won't be reluctant on this : loss of time, and often loss of money.

+1 same opinion...

Agree with you pix , too many quality issues appeared and spreaded out nowadays, last four watches I bought to same dealer , quality issues so I tried either to fix it myself or send it back , getting up-set as well when dealer is telling you that he did QC himself before shipping. Sure I believe you...

Incredible some issues are so abvious can't get it , luckily dealer is open and willing to repare or to change for new one but....

Meanwhile new models are getting more and more expansive so I wonder where is the point....

I even proposed to support this guy to develop a quality process by implementing a form to fill in with testing procedure , visual check and so on , no answer yet.

Tired now should focus more on genuine , it worth...

Cheers

On all three of the Relica Watch Boards I see the QA control complaints over and over. I have also experienced the same and have now gon GEN. I wanted a Bretiling but could not afford it. I found that the Engineer who designed the Breitling went to Swiss Army. I purchased the Swiss Army Dive Master 500 on Metal Bracelet. Incredicle quality for udner $ 300 delivered from MANy dealers any day of the week. It is quartz and I am Happy. You can see the actual watch at Nordstoms or Macy stores and then purchase at a On line Dealer etc for 1/2 the store price and still get a 3 year warranty. Sorry for the ranting. I just have had it with qualtiy control of Reps from Factories and Dealers. I still read the boards to keep up to date with the latest etc.

Yes well, i agree with all the points made here.

The OCC will be my last rep, i have just bought an Accutron VX 200 with ETA 7750, an absolute bargain Gen at $515. THe quality is unbelievable and no QC issues at all because its Gen, Im not saying that Gens dont have QC issues but hell, Gens dont have all the problems we have with rep QC.

Anyway ill keep all informed as to whats happening.