When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

! Idea's for a painting that will go up for auction !

Watchout

Hello supporters!

I have been here now for a short while and really like it here..

Also I have seen several supporters come up with actions to get money for the forum..

I myself also wanted to help out in my own way.

For several years now I have my own company in paintings. www.artblanco.nl

My idea was too paint and cool , watch related of course, painting and put that up for auction..

Please give me all your best ideas and pls send me your pictures or suggestions to help me decide on what to paint, maybe a dial of a favorite or ..??? Pls shoot it all at me and we will pick the best and make it a beautiful painting which will be above one of our supporters bed soon!

Thanks

Wow this is way cool :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As Froggy states the classy ones are Pateks or JLC and the like but personally I think to get the most interest you need to aim at one of the more collected brands like Rolex, Panerai, Omega or IWC as these are the watches with the biggest fan bases here.

Whatever the decision thank you for doing this. :)

Ken

As Froggy states the classy ones are Pateks or JLC and the like but personally I think to get the most interest you need to aim at one of the more collected brands like Rolex, Panerai, Omega or IWC as these are the watches with the biggest fan bases here.

I agree on the collected brands idea. Probably generate more interest. You might want to think about some sort of montage. Some members have nice shots of a few of their reps/gens together that look pretty cool.

Also, partials of certain ones looks pretty cool up close. See dluddy's signature for an example.

Finally, a nice movement might look good.

C

I would recommend avoiding a particular watch - perhaps an abstracted image suggesting a watch? Or something relating conceptually to time in general? Or a movement?

I am a painter as well - if this works well perhaps I will contribute a painting some day - though it would be a landscape painting - I don't do watches, sorry. :)

I would do a montage of various images that celebrate the art of horology. For example, you could have portraits of notable watchmakers, such as the inventor of the tourbillon, mixed with images of watch parts, and old-fashioned watch factories in Switzerland.

I'm thinking something similar to this:

10f204e6958b23e5ojyb3.jpg

I'm thinking more in the lanes of doing an upclose painting of a dial.

The first dial that pops up in my head is the DRSD. Get inspiration from perhaps pictures from our very own members,

i.e Stephanes lovely macro shots. Of course, if that's OK with him.

Examples here: (pictures courtesy of Stephane, please tell me if you don't want your pictures in this post).

RolexSDDoubleRedMM_PS800_10.jpg

RolexSDDoubleRedMM_PS400_11.jpg

Maybe have a look through some of the photography on the forum and do a painting from one of those? Some of Pugwash's or By-Tors pics are very good, and would make a great painting. Of course just double check with the photographer first :)