When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question for MBW experts

perry563

How much is a MBW dial, hands attached to a relativly new swiss eta 2836 worth?

As much as someone is willing to pay......is this thing on......these are the jokes people.....but to be serious, what type of dial? 5512/5513/1680/1665/1680Red/1665Red/1665double red/5513gilt/5512gilt....I mean c'mon man, can you be a little more vague?

Oh, in that case......is it an MBW 16610/Yachtmaster/GMT....I mean really.....is it too hard to post a pic.....

Or answer a simple question. This is like pulling teeth........

Perry -- if you really want help, why not post the model number & a good, clear picture (or 2) of the watch. Then people can provide you with informed answers.

MOST should know that "modern MBW" typically means we are talking about a modern sub. So what I have is the guts of the watch....dial/hands/movement. (swiss eta 2836).

Really.............Hmmm........every MBW I've owned has been a vintage model.........guess I've been under a rock.....you still haven't narrowed it down. What model Modern MBW do you have...........GMT, Date, No-Date, Yachtmaster, Daytona, Air-King, Turn-O-Graph, Explorer, Explorer II, Date, Date-Just.........ooops, I see you clarified it with "modern Sub" I guess it's either a Date, or No date sub.

In that case, I think it's worth $50.00

Good luck selling it to "Most" of the people here.

Really.............Hmmm........every MBW I've owned has been a vintage model.........guess I've been under a rock.....you still haven't narrowed it down. What model Modern MBW do you have...........GMT, Date, No-Date, Yachtmaster, Daytona, Air-King, Turn-O-Graph, Explorer, Explorer II, Date, Date-Just.........ooops, I see you clarified it with "modern Sub" I guess it's either a Date, or No date sub.

LOL...Another NOOB that has no idea of what he is talking about. Typically the MBW that have been advertsied via TTK, Paso, Eurotimez have been vintage models such as the GWSD, DRSD, 1680 etc and the MBW modern Sub. I have never seen a MBW Daytona advertised ....have you? I have never seen a MBW datejust advertised...have you? I have never seen a MBW date advertised...have you? If so please post it. MBW GMT's, No date, and YM although available at times are rarely offered. (just recently Eurotimez offered them for sale but that was the first time I have seen them offered in the 4 years I have been collecting reps)

So cut the condesending crap and leave it for another NOOB like yourself.

So cut the condesending crap and leave it for another NOOB like yourself.

Ouch :black_eye:

Maybe your first post should have been more specific and again, a picture would go along way to pinning down a price.

Noob huh, well I guess you got me there. I am a Noob to very vague posts so I'll bow out now.

Member #219 signing off.

Whether your a NOOB to the rep world is secondary. Your condecending replies leave plenty to be desired and what I would expect of someone who does not know what they are talking about. I have the guts of a MBW modern sub which is what I stated within my second post. It was lightly worn as I also stated and is in perfect condition telling just about perfect time. I do not have the capabilities right now to post a picture otherwise I would. If you cannot reply like a gentleman ...dont.

Maybe your first post should have been more specific and again, a picture would go along way to pinning down a price.

Noob huh, well I guess you got me there. I am a Noob to very vague posts so I'll bow out now.

Member #219 signing off.

Whether your a NOOB to the rep world is secondary. Your condecending replies leave plenty to be desired and what I would expect of someone who does not know what they are talking about. I have the guts of a MBW modern sub which is what I stated within my second post. It was lightly worn as I also stated and is in perfect condition telling just about perfect time. I do not have the capabilities right now to post a picture otherwise I would. If you cannot reply like a gentleman ...dont.

Is this for real? I mean - MBW/MBk can be considered a brand. So - it would be the same if you would ask - How much worth is a Rolex dial with movement. Hm - a Datejust with movement would be worth around 1K - a DR with movement around 10K.

So don't screw around on others for yourself not being able to pull off a precise question. Oh, and don't play your lil Noob game on me too - it might fail. :)

And to finish with a "gentleman's" reply as you name and shame it... An ETA alone can be worth a lot like 150$ - depends on where you sell or where you buy and what exact condition it is in and if it comes with DD wheels or only D. The dial itself, well, consider it as a dust deflector.

Edited by rolex001

Member #219 signing off.

I challenge any and all who have dealt with me to concur with your statements of "Not knowing what I am talking about" or wether I am a "gentleman".

Perhaps if you were a "Supporter" it would have been a little clearer.......maybe.....I really didn't intend to enter a battle of wits with an un-armed opponent so I will be the bigger Gentleman and say " I am sorry for not understanding what you needed" Mea Culpa.

Appology accepted. Never a need to answer an honest post in a condecending fashion. Where can I buy a MBW Daytona?

@Perry

I hope you are not soliciting potential buyers throught this thread. Forum rules state that you must be a Supporter to post items for sale and that you must post them in the Member sale section.

No. I dont even have it in my possession right now. I was just curious as to what it was worth.

Is this for real? I mean - MBW/MBk can be considered a brand. So - it would be the same if you would ask - How much worth is a Rolex dial with movement. Hm - a Datejust with movement would be worth around 1K - a DR with movement around 10K.

So don't screw around on others for yourself not being able to pull off a precise question. Oh, and don't play your lil Noob game on me too - it might fail. :)

And to finish with a "gentleman's" reply as you name and shame it... An ETA alone can be worth a lot like 150$ - depends on where you sell or where you buy and what exact condition it is in and if it comes with DD wheels or only D. The dial itself, well, consider it as a dust deflector.

If you look back I asked an honest question and mistakenly left out the word SUB (as in MBW modern sub). I then corrected my mistake in my second post. Everyone should know what a modern MBW Sub is all about. Its not a Daytona nor a YM as the poster was trying to imply. The poster in question for no reason responded in a very condecending manner..for no reason. If you want to take sides then I think it would be a good idea to ask yourself why you would agree with such a condecending person.

If you look back I asked an honest question and mistakenly left out the word SUB (as in MBW modern sub). I then corrected my mistake in my second post. Everyone should know what a modern MBW Sub is all about. Its not a Daytona nor a YM as the poster was trying to imply. The poster in question for no reason responded in a very condecending manner..for no reason. If you want to take sides then I think it would be a good idea to ask yourself why you would agree with such a condecending person.

Are you still babbling about this. Usually, when someone apologizes, the issue is dropped. Now you have gone and re-directed your comments at me again.

Good sir, I have been collecting watches for well over 30 years. Believe me when I say that I have no problem distinguishing a 16610 from a Datyona or Yachtmaster. You missed the point entirly of my humorous response to your Vague and general post.

Now, I suggest you start supporting this place, or take your inane insults elswhere.........sorry, I haven't had my Geritol yet.

Are you still babbling about this. Usually, when someone apologizes, the issue is dropped. Now you have gone and re-directed your comments at me again.

Good sir, I have been collecting watches for well over 30 years. Believe me when I say that I have no problem distinguishing a 16610 from a Datyona or Yachtmaster. You missed the point entirly of my humorous response to your Vague and general post.

Now, I suggest you start supporting this place, or take your inane insults elswhere.........sorry, I haven't had my Geritol yet.

Appologizing in a condesending manner is not much of an appology....is it? I have been collecting for many years also (both gen and reps vintage and modern) and I am aware that the so called MBW are produced as both vintage Subs and SD as well as MODERN subs (as well as other models...not Daytonas however that I have ever seen). As per my second post I asked what the dial/hands and movement of a MBW modern Sub was worth. You choose to reply in a condecending fashion. Then when I pointed out that you were completely wrong in doing so you appologized but in process did your best to throw insults. Those are the facts. That ends this thread for me but fully expect you will respond once again with insults. Thanks for being not only uninformative regarding my question but also insulting for no other reason than the obvious.

Also the movement is NOT for sale. Just wanted to understand what it is worth for future reference.