When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Takashi is amazing!

By-Tor

Takashi did amazing job with my wrong hand stack GMT, and now I finally have both GMT's back home.

Takashi did:

-Fixed damaged stem

-Swapped a thinner GMT hand with smaller triangle (from the "Retro" version)

-Genuine crown & tube

-Polished the rehaut

-Serviced the movement

I put the bracelet and bezel back together, and I'm wearing it now. Sorry for the low quality & dirty photos, didn't have enough light.

IMG_8966.jpg

IMG_8999.jpg

Rehaut is nice, deep and shiny. Insert is flush with the bezel and the crystal height is perfect.

IMG_8977.jpg

IMG_9004.jpg

Thanks also to Joshua (for the extra GMT hand) and JustAsGood for the gen crown & tube!

He is known in the Brussels GTGcircle as the European The Zigmeister...........:)

We had great fun in the Amsterdam redlight district and he uis truly a supernice guy (allthough he didn't want to sell his LV chrono to me :( )

Thank you very much for your kind words ByTor ;) The watch looks good after you put it together. We have to give credits to ByTor too. Your pictures are amazing. It's my pleasure dealing with ByTor. He has surprised for me too, I will let you guys soon enough.

PS: I am still very far from The Zigmeister. He is really a much greater modder/watchmaker/relumer than I am. I learnt, am learning and will learn a lot from him... me, I am just a hobbyist.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

The "Noob" GMT is indeed quite an amazing replica base. It's not as good otb rep as the black Noob Explorer II, but fully modded I'd say it's even better.

It needs a lot of mods, but making very good 16710 is still rather easy, and most importantly it's not expensive at all. The dial is excellent, rehaut is perfect (thickness and depth) and the date mag isn't too powerful. And I don't think the hand stack is such a big issue at all... I happily wear both of them (wrong or correct stack).

Haven't purchased any new watches in 6 months, I just enjoy these old ones, and getting them into nice condition is sweet. Thanks again Taka!

Gotta take a decent "studio shot" of the Coke today. :)