When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eurotimez new MBW 2008 Submariner

Tribal

I Just don't recommend the COPY ETA movement, I had quite a few bad experience in the past and therefore stopped doing COPY-ETA, but let's see perhaps if alot of ppl have good reviews on the COPY ETA then maybe I'll opt for that. I think I have some sources for that.

I can have them made with GEN ETA but these will be more expensive, just the MBK watch 16610 -unmodded- = 400 usd so with GEN ETA. Then it takes time to mod a noobdial + DW + hands into the case so I want to charge the minimal so it would be +50 usd extra (20 usd watchmaker+30 dial/hands/dw).

So EUROMARINER gen ETA 2836-2 = 450 usd.

But just think of it, for 250-275 usd you can have it with DG2813, add another +25 usd you get a upgrade movement DG4813 (28.8k same heartbeat like ETA). The nice thing of it is, that after the upgrade you still got a spare movement. And in worst worst case scenario the movement brakes down, replacement movements are their by the dozens and DIRT CHEAP (in comparison to ETA)....

So this is my underlying thought, make it the best of the best (combine both worlds) make it affordable for everbody, movement make it have a long long life ---the DG2813 seems to have good experience with buyers and IF IF..... ALL HELL BRAKES LOOSE and if one brakes down, order a new movement one at +/- 10-20 usd?! ---- anywhere --- offrei / cousinsuk etc etc, your not dependent then on the dealer for movements, your a free man :p .... BUT WHAT are you going to do and pay if a ETA movement brakes down to the point of no return!

So maybe it's time for an ASIAN movement revolution!

Edited by EuroTimez

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.... BUT WHAT are you going to do and pay if a ETA movement brakes down to the point of no return!

So maybe it's time for an ASIAN movement revolution!

I am no expert, but what am I missing? If I have an ETA and it dies, can 't I still replace wit with a DG4813 for about $20?

PS-- but, this sounds like an AWESOME product offering! Thanks for working to innovate...

Edited by jmt

Not sure about handsize (but i'll would take ACG2010 word for it) but the dial feet is different. So ETA to DG won't go unless you know how to mod.

What I meant was why opt for an expensive ETA version when you can get the same watch for 200 usd less?! 450usd ETA EUROMARINER, against 250-275 EUROMARINER -DG2813- ?!

If your ETA version Euromariner (450 usd) movement completely brakes down or whatever...... a replacement and/or service can be expensive!

If the DG2813 EUROMARINER movement brakes or anything you can have a replacement movement at 10-20 usd anywhere! You have upgrade option (with me + 25usd) to DG4813 fastbeat 28.8k-- same heartbeat as ETA--. From the outside you're not going to be able to tell anyways if it's an ETA or an DG movement (outside their both the same quality). But really the choice is ours.

Edited by EuroTimez

this is a great deal. MBW case.. fat tube and closer to gen crown, noob dial... wow

You are killing the resale value of all of our MBW frankens we have built!

lol

:)

post-175-1213283489_thumb.jpg

My favorite noobmariner (on the right next to my gen 16800) has an eta copy movt and has been a great beater, keeps great time, cost $100 from River, gen crown, aftermarket tube, better pearl. Should I have to service it for $75-100, I'd still only have less than $300 in it.

I managed to buy what I thought was an ETA 3836-2 for $50 from Hong Kong, put it in a Frankenjust and it promptly crapped out- $75 to fix it- doing fine now. Watchmaker said it was eta, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a copy.

So my eta copy experince is very limited.

Experience with the DG2813's has been good. Of the asian 21j's, I certainly think they are the best. Haven't tried the DG4813. As I understand it, these movements with the WO symbol under the balance are from PTS Resources over in China.

I certainly think this is going to be a great watch- esp. with the MBK/MBW case and noob dial, etc.

if Gen is relative to 2.5X

ive calculated the n00b to be 2.4X or so, by over laying a genuine date mag at the same scale, its too small by 1pixel width at scale. the new MBK looks oversized to me, like joshs' mag with the date too far right maybe like 2.6X. the correct mags ive seen are on N00b watches with the crystal off MBKs. i guess cause of the rehaut depth it doesnt over magnify on the noob. still it looks very nice nonetheless. just when are they gonna get those CGs right?

So just to clairify, incase I missed it, this will take a gen dial and gen insert with NO mods?

Previous MBW's would take a gen dial- not easy, but it can be done.

I believe the gen insert is more work, but Tribal would be the person to ask about that (or bklm) since he has the most experience in that area.

Edit: After reading ByTor's review of the new TT MBK, with gen bezel assembly, if the ss MBK sub also has that, a gen bezel insert ought to snap right in

more on tha date window... all 16610 images from power sellers on ebay

it seems there is some variation between them, unless this is just a camera illusion

notice the date size on the 2008 engraved rehaut model (first pic, and last)

pictured on the bottom is euromariner and n00b: i think the n00b date is off by the amount of depth missing from the rehaut. could it be if the rehaut was the correct depth, thus making the crystal and dial further apart and magnifying it better, would it have the perfect magnification like the gen? i believe so. the depth on the engraved one is too deep by how too shallow the n00b is. still: both models are very nice, and a must for any collection..you gotta get your feet wet at some point.

at least all the fonts are finally correct

post-10838-1213392115_thumb.jpg