When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dress watch suggestions

client9

I hope all of you are having an enjoyable Friday afternoon. I am in the market for a fine looking dress watch and need some suggestions. My budget is $75 to $150. Accuracy to the genuine is not my chief concern, only the quality and beauty of how it looks in real life, for judging the quality of reps from dealer photos is impossible.

Here are a few genuine watches that I like to serve as inspiration.

L&S Datograph:

llangedf02gr1.jpg

JLC Duometre

10d204e8671adc69ojkd5.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

client9

Patek Philippe

I've owned many dress watches and everyone always loves the Pateks. Very classy and there are many models to choose from.

Vacheron Constantine is good.

and that Lange is great!

i agree to PP, VC and Lange as classy and dress.

i was in a similiar quandry going for an embassy white tie event in april here's what i finally bought

DSCN0095-copy.jpg

this was my back up

gentourneaudualtime.jpg gen tourneau dual time

2suspendedjubilleebordevi2.jpg

IMHO still the best complicated dress watch available. Very accurate to the original, useful complications, and ridiculously cheap to buy. This is my father's watch and for him it's a "grail" watch... not bad... for $98 to get a visually stunning copy of a $25,000+ limited edition VC !!

Pateks are lovely but just be sure you are stepping out of the back of a limo if you're wearing one.

As stated above the Omega Deville is a beautiful dress watch and one that anyone could realistically own.

Ken

Some good suggestions in here. The IWC Portugaise is a classic, but I've read that the current batch of them is lousy. Is this true?

I've seen two VC's recommended here. They are now on my radar. I especially like the Vacheron Constantin Malte Retrograding Perpetual Calendar that Prince suggested. Here's Pix's photo of the same watch:

13wristng9ec1.jpg

Wow! Keeping it classy.

Some good suggestions in here. The IWC Portugaise is a classic, but I've read that the current batch of them is lousy. Is this true?

I've seen two VC's recommended here. They are now on my radar. I especially like the Vacheron Constantin Malte Retrograding Perpetual Calendar that Prince suggested. Here's Pix's photo of the same watch:

13wristng9ec1.jpg

Wow! Keeping it classy.

there you go my friend you see the same VC mine with black leather strap and pix's with the brown leather. i will admit you benchmark JLC is stunning! JLC breguet, lange 1, iwc and a mont blanc star chrono gmt on my 2008 summer bucket list

Pateks are lovely but just be sure you are stepping out of the back of a limo if you're wearing one.

As stated above the Omega Deville is a beautiful dress watch and one that anyone could realistically own.

Ken

or the rolls phantom or silver cloud ... i prefer the bentley convertible

Vacheron Malte Chronograph. I'm not much of a dress watch guy, but I have had this rep in my collection for some time. Reliable Venus copy handwind and can be had for close to the $150 mark. You will want a higher quality strap or two though. I have a few dress straps in matte and glazed finishes in gator, croc and ostrich in blacks, browns and blues that all work nice with it. These pics don't do it justice. Other than the weight it is very accurate and doesn't look cheap at all on the wrist. I've worn it to formals and received many compliments on it actually. Best cheap rep I have ever owned and one of the few I never sold or traded...

Malte27.jpg

Malte5.jpg

Malte36.jpg